About This Chapter
Studying The Tortoise & the Hare - Chapter Summary
Study The Tortoise and the Hare at any time using this mobile-friendly literature chapter. Containing engaging lessons taught by expert instructors, the chapter allows you to quickly review and analyze the fable's plot, characters and themes. You have 24/7 access to the chapter, and if you need any extra help with the material, simply submit your questions to our instructors online. The chapter also comes with self-assessment quizzes to help you retain your knowledge. By the end of the chapter, you'll be able to:
- Summarize the plot of The Tortoise and the Hare
- Recognize the characters from the story
- Evaluate the theme and explain the moral of this fable
- Complete activities related to the story
1. Summary of the Tortoise & the Hare
Slow and steady wins the race! Or, at least that's what our story tells us. In this lesson, you'll learn more about Aesop's classic fable involving a slow, but persistent Tortoise and a boastful Hare.
2. The Tortoise & the Hare: Moral, Theme & Analysis
There is an old adage that says, 'Slow and steady wins the race,' but where did it come from and what does it mean? In this lesson we will learn about the moral from the old fable, ''The Tortoise and the Hare,'' and analyze the tale to understand its themes.
3. The Tortoise & the Hare Characters
They say opposites attract, but in this old fable, opposites teach us a lesson. In this video, we'll analyze the characters from 'The Tortoise & the Hare,' and learn from the animals' choices and actions.
4. The Tortoise & the Hare Activities
~'The Tortoise and the Hare~' is an enjoyable fable that teaches students important lessons for school and for life. The activities offered in this lesson will help engage students more deeply in their understanding of the fable.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood