About This Chapter
Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses - Chapter Summary
This informative chapter explains all you'll need to know about the fairy tale, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, including the moral, characters and themes of the story. These lessons have been created by professional instructors to make your studying experience easy and fun. Each lesson is followed by a multiple-choice quiz that can help you study for a test or make sure you're ready to move on to the next lesson. If you have any questions as you work through the chapter, feel free to reach out to one of our instructors. After finishing these lessons, you should be able to:
- Summarize the storyline of The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Analyze the themes and moral of the story
- Describe the characters in The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Explain the setting in this fairy tale
1. The Twelve Dancing Princesses Summary
You may have heard of dancing queens, but what about 12 dancing princesses? In the Brothers Grimm fairy tale, ''The Twelve Dancing Princesses,'' the secrets of the hole-laden shoes are revealed.
2. The Twelve Dancing Princesses: Moral, Themes & Analysis
In this lesson, we will analyze the morals and themes of ''The Twelve Dancing Princesses,'' a fairytale about princesses who sneak out of their room each night to go dancing and drinking.
3. The Twelve Dancing Princesses Characters
In this lesson, we will examine the characters from the fairytale ''The Twelve Dancing Princesses'' from the Brothers Grimm. In this story, twelve defiant girls sneak out of their room at night to go dancing. Their father wants to know where they are going.
4. The Twelve Dancing Princesses Setting
Twelve princesses sneak out in the middle of the night, but where do they go? In this lesson, we will examine the settings from 'The Twelve Dancing Princesses' as retold by the Brothers Grimm.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood