About This Chapter
Subject Area TEKS - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have put this chapter together to assist subject area-specific educators with using TEKS to develop curriculum for classroom usage. The standards for several subject areas are covered in this chapter, including the following areas:
- World geography
- Physical education
All of our teaching resources are designed to give you the most up-to-date information possible on techniques for incorporating the standards as you develop your lesson plans and activities. Our educators have years of experience in the field, and they also have an advanced knowledge of TEKS, so you can be certain that the information we provide is accurate and current.
How It Helps
- Enhances your knowledge: By going through these lessons about standards compliance, you gain a deeper understanding of specific standards, which can help you make stronger lesson plans.
- Encourages new ideas: Instead of teaching the same lessons every year, this teaching resource helps you develop new strategies for incorporating TEKS into your classroom.
- Provides ready-to-use plans: Curriculum planning can be time consuming. These resources help you make the most of your time when developing your curriculum.
By the end of this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Design world geography activities in line with TEKS standards
- Incorporate TEKS into your algebra lesson planning
- Make music lessons that support state standards
- Integrate TEKS guidelines into physical education lessons
- Develop standards-appropriate Spanish activities
- Elaborate on state guidelines for art curriculum development
- Implement TEKS into lesson plans about technology
1. World Geography TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
Teaching your students about world geography is an important part of teaching them social studies. This lesson offers an overview of the TEKS world geography standards with an eye toward helping you align your curriculum.
2. Algebra TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
As a math teacher in Texas, you are responsible for making sure your curriculum aligns with TEKS. This lesson offers you an overview of the algebra standards and some planning and instructional advice.
3. Music TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
If you teach music in the state of Texas, you've probably thought about how to align your curriculum with the state standards. This lesson explains the music standards and gives you some ideas for working in accordance with them.
4. Physical Education TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
Teaching physical education in Texas can be made easier if you work in alignment with TEKS, but you need to know how to read the standards properly. This lesson helps you plan and align your PE curriculum over the years.
5. Spanish TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
This lesson will help Texas teachers understand how to use ''Languages Other Than English'' TEKS to plan and align Spanish lessons for students in elementary, middle, and high school.
6. Art TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
As an art teacher, you might sometimes wonder what you can do to make sure you're working in alignment with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. This lesson offers an overview of the standards and some ideas about how to plan your curriculum accordingly.
7. Technology TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
Today's student is likely to be technologically savvy and also deeply reliant on technology. This lesson helps you think about how to leverage this fact to plan and align a curriculum in accordance with the TEKS standards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course