About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the chapter summaries of The Outsiders will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to understand the key components of each chapter in this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing what happens in each chapter of The Outsiders
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Summary of The Outsiders chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Summary of The Outsiders chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the specific events that occurred in each chapter of The Outsiders for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- The story's plotline and key characters
- Detailed summaries of chapters 1-12
- A review of the novel's conclusion
1. The Outsiders Chapter 1 Summary
We meet the Curtis brothers and learn about the tough streets they call home and the tougher friends they call family. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 1 of ''The Outsiders.''
2. The Outsiders Chapter 2 Summary
Ponyboy heads to the drive-in, meets a Soc girl named Cherry, and we learn what happened to make Johnny Cade so nervous. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 2 of ''The Outsiders''.
3. The Outsiders Chapter 3 Summary
Ponyboy, Johnny, and Two-Bit walk Cherry and Marcia home, but end up in a bunch of trouble when their boyfriends show up. Then, Pony ends up in more trouble at home. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 3 of ''The Outsiders''.
4. The Outsiders Chapter 4 Summary
When the Socs in the blue Mustang catch Johnny and Ponyboy alone, the consequences are far worse than any of them could have imagined. This lesson summarizes Chapter 4 of ''The Outsiders''.
5. The Outsiders Chapter 5 Summary
Ponyboy and Johnny spend the time in Windrixville playing cards, reading, and missing the rest of the gang. Though time passes slowly, the outside world cannot stay out of their lives forever. This lesson focuses on the summary of Chapter 5 of ''The Outsiders''.
6. The Outsiders Chapter 6 Summary
When Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dally returned to the abandoned church, they find it in flames with children trapped inside. Will these hoods step up and become heroes? This lesson focuses on the summary of Chapter 6 of The Outsiders.
7. The Outsiders Chapter 7 Summary
Though Pony and Johnny are thought of as heroes for saving the children from the fire, the consequences of their actions could be devastating and even fatal. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 7 of ''The Outsiders.''
8. The Outsiders Chapter 8 Summary
Ponyboy visits Johnny and Dally in the hospital, talks with Cherry, and tries to suppress his growing dread about what the rumble will bring. Read a summary of Chapter 8 of ''The Outsiders'', then test yourself.
9. The Outsiders Chapter 9 Summary
Though Pony and the gang win the rumble with the Socs, they lose something much more important. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 9 of ''The Outsiders''.
10. The Outsiders Chapter 10 Summary
After Johnny dies, Dally bolts, leaving Pony stranded at the hospital. Pony has just made his way home when the phone rings. Dally is on the line, and things are about to get much, much worse for the Greasers. This lesson focuses on Chapter 10 of ''The Outsiders''.
11. The Outsiders Chapter 11 Summary
Forced to stay in bed and recover, Pony gets a visit from Randy and reveals the depth of his emotional suffering. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 11 of ''The Outsiders''.
12. The Outsiders Chapter 12 Summary
In the last chapter of ''The Outsiders'', Ponyboy faces the hearing he has been dreading. He finds not only his fate, but his purpose in life. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 12.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.