About This Chapter
Supporting Employee Growth & Development - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors outline supporting employee development and growth in this informative corporate training chapter. Short, concise lessons present subjects such as creating a workplace culture of learning and growth, providing opportunities for employee growth, and how to develop and transform careers for transformational leadership. This chapter is accessible at any time from a smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop.
How It Helps
- Builds strong leaders: When your leaders and leadership teams are strong and confident in their roles, your organization benefits.
- Provides knowledge: Topics on creating individual development plans and identifying growth opportunities give your leaders actionable steps they can take to implement these concepts at work.
- Boosts morale: Employees who feel supported and able to develop and grow in their skills and careers are more fulfilled and happier at work.
This chapter can help your employees to do the following:
- Identify organizational and personal opportunities for growth and development
- Create a workplace culture for growth and learning
- Establish opportunities for employee growth
- Devise individual development plans for employees
- Transform and develop careers for transformational leaders
1. Identifying Personal & Organizational Opportunities for Growth & Development
The lesson explores how leaders can identify growth and development opportunities for organizations, individuals, and leaders. Each of these needs must be assessed so that the organization can grow and thrive in the marketplace.
2. Creating a Workplace Culture of Growth & Learning
This lesson will describe the benefits of a professional growth culture in the workplace, the connections it has with employee coaching, and the best practices for creating this type of culture in the workplace.
3. Creating Opportunities for Employee Growth
Successful businesses know how important it is for employees to keep learning. In this lesson, we will discuss how you, the manager, can build a constructive relationship with your employees by creating growth opportunities in the workplace.
4. Creating Individual Development Plans for Employees
This lesson explains the need for individual development plans, or IDPs, in business. Learn more about IDPs for employees and why an individual development plan is helpful for both the employee and the organization.
5. Practical Application: Creating an Individual Employee Development Plan
Individual development plans help employees grow and work towards new positions within the company. They also benefit companies by encouraging employee buy-in and development. This application takes you through how to write one.
6. Developing & Transforming Careers for Transformational Leaders
This lesson explores a transformational leadership style that uses empowerment techniques to unlock the potential of employees and mentees such that they can express their full capabilities, which benefits the organization.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.