About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about 1979 Supreme Court cases will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to study the Supreme Court cases from this particular year. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing Supreme Court case rulings
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about U.S. Supreme Court cases (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Supreme Court Cases 1979 chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Supreme Court Cases 1979 chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Supreme Court question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the Supreme Court cases of 1979 for a standard U.S. government course. Cases covered include:
- New York City Transit Authority v. Beazer
- Delaware v. Prouse
- Addington v. Texas
- Bell v. Wolfish
- Goldwater v. Carter
1. New York City Transit Authority v. Beazer Case Brief
The 14th Amendment and U.S. law prohibit discrimination in employment by the government. In this lesson, we will learn if this applies to methadone users.
2. Delaware v. Prouse (1979): Case Brief, Summary & Decision
In this lesson we will learn about the 1979 Supreme Court case Delaware v. Prouse, including the background to the case, as well as the Court's reasoning and decision.
3. Addington v. Texas (1979): Case Brief, Summary & Ruling
How much evidence must be presented in order for a person to lose his or her freedom? That question was at the heart of the 1979 SCOTUS case ''Addington v. Texas.'' In this lesson, we'll take a look at the case and the issues surrounding it.
4. Bell v. Wolfish (1979): Case Summary & Significance
In this lesson, the reader will learn the details of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in the case of Bell v. Wolfish (1979) as well as this case's significance in the nation today.
5. Bell v. Wolfish Supreme Court Case: Decision & Dissenting Opinion
In this lesson, we will discuss the case of Bell v. Wolfish, as well as the decision made by the U.S. Supreme Court. Additionally, the dissenting opinion delivered in the case will be discussed.
6. Goldwater v. Carter (1979): Case Brief & Summary
In this lesson we will learn about the Supreme Court case Goldwater v. Carter, including the background to the case and the court's holding, which is a part of the political question doctrine.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the U.S. Supreme Court Cases: Study Guide & Review course
- Supreme Court Justices
- Supreme Court Cases 1789-1863
- Supreme Court Cases 1864-1873
- Supreme Court Cases 1910-1919
- Supreme Court Cases 1920-1929
- Supreme Court Cases of the 1930s
- Supreme Court Cases 1940-1943
- Supreme Court Cases 1944-1949
- Supreme Court Cases 1950-1954
- Supreme Court Cases 1955-1959
- Supreme Court Cases 1960-1963
- Supreme Court Cases 1964-1965
- Supreme Court Cases 1966-1967
- Supreme Court Cases 1968-1969
- Supreme Court Cases 1970-1971
- Supreme Court Cases 1972
- Supreme Court Cases 1973-1974
- Supreme Court Cases 1975-1976
- Supreme Court Cases 1977
- Supreme Court Cases 1978
- Supreme Court Cases 1980
- Supreme Court Cases 1981
- Supreme Court Cases 1982