About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering symbolism in Animal Farm material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the specific symbols presented in Animal Farm. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the symbols in Animal Farm
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Symbols in Animal Farm chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Symbols in Animal Farm chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about key symbols found in Animal Farm for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Symbolism of the windmill and the Battle of the Windmill
- The flag as a symbol and its significance
- Analysis of the Beasts of England
- Battle of the Cowshed's symbolic nature
1. Animal Farm Symbolism & Symbols
Symbols are everywhere in George Orwell's allegorical satire ''Animal Farm.'' In this lesson, learn about a few of those symbols and their importance in the novella.
2. Animal Farm Flag: Symbolism & Analysis
George Orwell's novella 'Animal Farm' is a satirical allegory and has many symbols that represent elements and ideas of our world. In this lesson, we will discuss one of them, the Animal Farm flag.
3. Animal Farm Windmill: Symbolism & Analysis
In 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell, the windmill is symbolic of industry in the Soviet Union before and during the time of the book's publication. In this lesson, we'll learn more about the importance of the windmill.
4. Battle of the Windmill Animal Farm: Symbolism & Analysis
Learn more about The Battle of Windmill in 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell. We'll cover the summary of this plot point in the book and its parallels to the Battle of Stalingrad during WWII.
5. Beasts of England in Animal Farm: Symbolism & Analysis
George Orwell's novel 'Animal Farm' is well-known for its colorful characters and devastating social commentary. Learn about the anthem 'Beasts of England' from the novel in this lesson.
6. Battle of the Cowshed in Animal Farm: Symbolism & Analysis
This lesson focuses on the Battle of the Cowshed from George Orwell's dystopian novel, 'Animal Farm,' and examines the symbolism found within. Complete the lesson, and test yourself with the quiz!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.