About This Chapter
TABE Math - Grade 7: Statistics & Probability - Chapter Summary
If you utilize this insightful math-related chapter, you will review how to estimate a parameter from sample data and define random sampling and more. The videos help prepare you to answer statistics and probability questions on the TABE Math exam about the following topics:
- Populations and samples
- Random sampling measures and conditions
- Process for estimating a parameter
- Comparing center and variability measurements
- Probability formulas
- Probability of independent, dependent and compound events
Our instructors demonstrate all the steps for solving statistics and probability problems, giving you ample preparation for the test. Video lessons make learning fun, and the corresponding lesson quizzes help to gauge your knowledge along the way.
TABE Math: Grade 7: Statistics & Probability Chapter Objectives
The TABE Math test is used to assess the knowledge and skills of adult learners to help them determine career or training options. The test includes math questions aligned to the common core standards for multiple grade levels, and the lessons in this chapter are designed to give you mathematical and reasoning skills to help you competently answer questions for the grade 7 statistics and probability area.
The applied math test includes 50 multiple-choice questions, which requires you to read a math scenario or passage before selecting your answer. You are required to give your best answer based on the statistical theories and probability topics you remember from this chapter. You can use our multiple-choice quizzes to helps you check your knowledge of math-related topics, so you will be fully prepared for test day.
1. Difference between Populations & Samples in Statistics
Before you start collecting any information, it is important to understand the differences between population and samples. This lesson will show you how!
2. What is Random Sampling? - Definition, Conditions & Measures
Random sampling is used in many research scenarios. In this lesson, you will learn how to use random sampling and find out the benefits and risks of using random samples.
3. Estimating a Parameter from Sample Data: Process & Examples
One of the most useful things we can do with data is use it to describe a population. Learn how in this lesson as we discuss the concepts of parameters and samples.
4. Comparing Center & Variability Measurements of Two Data Sets
We'll learn how to compare two data sets based on their measures of center and variability. The measures of center include mean, median, and mode, and we'll use box plots to explore range and interquartile range.
5. Introduction to Probability: Formula & Examples
Ever taken a chance on something? Before you took that chance, did you want to know what your chances were on actually winning? Then you were dealing with probability, the likelihood that a specific event will occur.
6. Probability of Independent and Dependent Events
Sometimes probabilities need to be calculated when more than one event occurs. These types of compound events are called independent and dependent events. Through this lesson, we will look at some real-world examples of how to calculate these probabilities.
7. Experimental Probability: Definition & Predictions
In this lesson, you're going to learn about the concept of experimental probability and apply it to coins, dice, a deck of cards, and even real world scenarios.
8. Probability of Compound Events: Definition & Examples
Determining the probability of compound events involves finding the probability of each event and then determining how to combine them. This lesson will give you the tools to find the probability and finish with a quiz to cement your knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TABE - Math: Practice & Study Guide course
- TABE Math - Grade K: Counting & Cardinality
- TABE Math - Grade 1: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 2: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 2: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 6: The Number System
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Ratios & Proportional Relationships
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Statistics & Probability
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 7: The Number System
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Ratios & Proportional Relationships
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Functions
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Geometry
- About the TABE Test
- TABE - Math Flashcards