About This Chapter
TACHS: Basic Arithmetic Operations - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you have access to lessons you can watch to get a better understanding of basic arithmetic operations. After reviewing the lessons, you will be prepared to do the following on the test:
- Perform addition and subtraction operations
- Showcase the steps involved in multiplying standard and large numbers
- Exhibit your ability to perform division
- Complete long division problems with large numbers
- Make arithmetic calculations with signed numbers
The lessons average about 10 minutes apiece. The short length allows you to review days or weeks of materials in one day. Instructors present the lessons in an engaging fashion with visual effects that make studying fun.
TACHS: Basic Arithmetic Operations Objectives
Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of New York and Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens require that 8th grade students interested in admission take the TACHS test. Students must take the test in November 2015 to gain admission to one of their three schools of choice in the 2016-2017 school year. The exam is broken into four sections that test language, reading, math and ability. Questions on the test are in multiple-choice form.
You can watch the lessons or review full transcripts to make sure you're ready to answer questions related to basic arithmetic operations on the test. Take self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam to gauge your understanding of the lessons. If you have any questions about lesson topics, submit them to experts ready to offer assistance.
1. How to Perform Addition: Steps & Examples
Addition is one of the basic operations of math. You can say that the whole of mathematics is based on addition. Without addition, we wouldn't have higher math. Watch this video to learn how to add.
2. How to Perform Subtraction: Steps & Examples
Subtraction is one of the basic operations in math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can view and understand subtraction so that you can easily perform it.
3. How to Perform Multiplication: Steps & Examples
Multiplication, one of the basic operations of math, is important not just in elementary math but also in higher math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can multiply with ease.
4. How to Multiply Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson you will be able to multiply any two numbers together. You will learn how to use your knowledge of multiplying smaller numbers together to multiply larger numbers with ease.
5. How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can divide. Division is one of the basic operations of math. It is one of the fundamental operations that all higher mathematics depends upon.
6. Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to divide larger numbers. You'll learn an easy to follow procedure that you can use to divide any two numbers.
7. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TACHS: Practice & Study Guide course
- TACHS: Vocabulary Practice
- TACHS: Reading Comprehension
- TACHS: Reading Interpretation & Analysis
- TACHS: Technical & Informational Text
- TACHS: Literary Text
- TACHS: Poetry
- TACHS: Language & Spelling
- TACHS: Sentence Structure & Word Usage
- TACHS: Expressing Ideas in Writing
- TACHS: Number Sense & Operations
- TACHS: Integers
- TACHS: Irrational & Rational Numbers
- TACHS: Inequality Practice
- TACHS: Estimation in Mathematics
- TACHS: Decimals
- TACHS: Fractions
- TACHS: Percent
- TACHS: Ratios & Proportion
- TACHS: Square Roots
- TACHS: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- TACHS: Scientific Notation
- TACHS: Standard Measurement
- TACHS: Introduction to Geometry
- TACHS: Geometric Measurement
- TACHS: Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence
- TACHS: Properties of Lines
- TACHS: The Coordinate Graph
- TACHS: Transformations in Math
- TACHS: Triangles
- TACHS: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- TACHS: The Pythagorean Theorem
- TACHS: Graphical Representations of Data
- TACHS: Statistics & Data Analysis
- TACHS: Probability & Permutations
- TACHS: Properties of Functions
- TACHS: Graphing Functions
- TACHS: Factoring
- TACHS: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- TACHS: Algebraic Distribution
- TACHS: Simplifying & Solving Rational Expressions
- TACHS: Linear Equations
- TACHS: Systems of Linear Equations
- TACHS: Mathematical Patterns
- TACHS: Mathematical Reasoning
- TACHS: Reasoning Abilities