About This Chapter
TACHS: Integers - Chapter Summary
These lessons will give you a comprehensive review of how to use, write, read and work with rational and irrational numbers. As you progress through the videos, you will find the information shown in the list below:
- Positive and negative integers
- Addition using integers
- Subtraction equations using integers
- Multiplication and division with integers
- Simplifying expressions using integers
You may see something in a video lesson that you want to view again. Rather than replay the entire lesson from the very beginning, you can use the timeline feature to pinpoint the exact section that you want to replay. In fact, you can replay that section or any other as often as you wish until you're comfortable with the material. If you need additional help, our expert instructors and subject-matter specialists are here to answer your questions.
TACHS: Integers Objectives
A passing score on the TACHS is an admissions requirement for many Catholic high schools. They also use the test to guide placement of students into ninth-grade class groups. The Integers chapter of our TACHS test prep course aligns with the mathematics subtest.
There are four subtests that make up the TACHS. You will be tested in math, reading, language arts and general reasoning. The test is taken using paper and pencil. All of the questions follow a multiple-choice format. You must read each question carefully, then choose the right answer from the options provided.
1. What are Integers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about integers - what they are and what distinguishes them from other types of numbers. We'll also take a look at a few examples of things that can or cannot be measured with integers.
2. What is a Positive Integer? - Definition & Examples
We use positive integers in our everyday lives. We see them everywhere in the world around us. Learn what positive integers are and what you can do with them.
3. Negative Integers: Definition, Rules & Examples
This lesson will be covering the world of negative integers. What is a negative integer? How do they work? Also, we will be looking at real world examples.
4. Adding Positive & Negative Integers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add all kinds of integers together. This is a skill that will benefit you when playing games and when doing math tests. After watching the video, try some example problem on your own with our quiz.
5. Subtraction Equations with One-Digit Integers
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve subtraction problems where you need to find a missing value. Learn what steps you need to take to easily solve these types of equations.
6. Subtraction Equations with Two-Digit Integers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve the two types of subtraction equations that you will come across. Learn the steps required to solve each type.
7. Multiplying Integers: Rules & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss what numbers are included in the integers and how to multiply them. We will deal with 1-, 2-, and 3-digit numbers as well as negatives and positives. There are some definitions included as well as a quiz at the end.
8. Dividing Integers: Rules & Terminology
In this lesson, we will learn how to divide integers or signed numbers. Determining the correct sign of the answer is a very simple but important step in these calculations. We will also learn the role of zero in division of integers.
9. How to Simplify Expressions with Integers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to simplify any integer expression by following the order of operations. Learn what to watch for and in what order to do your operations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS): Practice & Study Guide course
- TACHS: Vocabulary Practice
- TACHS: Reading Comprehension
- TACHS: Reading Interpretation & Analysis
- TACHS: Technical & Informational Text
- TACHS: Literary Text
- TACHS: Poetry
- TACHS: Language & Spelling
- TACHS: Sentence Structure & Word Usage
- TACHS: Expressing Ideas in Writing
- TACHS: Number Sense & Operations
- TACHS: Basic Arithmetic Operations
- TACHS: Irrational & Rational Numbers
- TACHS: Inequality Practice
- TACHS: Estimation in Mathematics
- TACHS: Decimals
- TACHS: Fractions
- TACHS: Percent
- TACHS: Ratios & Proportion
- TACHS: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- TACHS: Algebraic Distribution
- TACHS: Square Roots
- TACHS: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- TACHS: Scientific Notation
- TACHS: Standard Measurement
- TACHS: Introduction to Geometry
- TACHS: Geometric Measurement
- TACHS: Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence
- TACHS: Properties of Lines
- TACHS: The Coordinate Graph
- TACHS: Transformations in Math
- TACHS: Triangles
- TACHS: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- TACHS: The Pythagorean Theorem
- TACHS: Graphical Representations of Data
- TACHS: Statistics & Data Analysis
- TACHS: Probability & Permutations
- TACHS: Properties of Functions
- TACHS: Graphing Functions
- TACHS: Factoring
- TACHS: Simplifying & Solving Rational Expressions
- TACHS: Linear Equations
- TACHS: Systems of Linear Equations
- TACHS: Mathematical Patterns
- TACHS: Mathematical Reasoning
- TACHS: Reasoning Abilities
- TACHS Flashcards