About This Chapter
TAP Math: Integers - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter will teach you about working with integers, or whole numbers, in preparation for the mathematics portion of the Illinois TAP - Test of Academic Proficiency. You'll learn the order of operation and methods of determining factors. These topics are included on the videos as a way to help you get ready for the test:
- Types of integers
- Arithmetic with whole numbers
- Arithmetic calculations with signed numbers
- Order of operations
- How to find the prime factorization of a number
- How to find the greatest common factor
- How to find the least common multiple
These real world mathematics skills are explained by skilled instructors who know how to prepare you for the TAP test. You'll enjoy learning to solve problems involving integers through these entertaining lessons and the self-assessment quizzes that accompany them.
Objectives of the Illinois TAP Math: Integers Course
Passing the TAP test is required for candidates for Illinois teacher licensing. The TAP contains three sections of multiple-choice questions (170 questions total) and a writing assignment. Questions about integers are part of the mathematics portion of the test, which has 50 questions. You must pass each section. The self-assessment quizzes that are included with these video lessons will enable you to check your mastery of the topic and become familiar with the test's format.
1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Learn all of the different types of numbers: natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and real numbers. This video lesson teaches you how to classify any numbers you come across.
2. Arithmetic with Whole Numbers
There are four basic mathematical operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. These four operations are used in a wide range of everyday skills and are the fundamental blocks of arithmetic.
3. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
4. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
5. How to Find the Prime Factorization of a Number
The prime factorization of a number involves breaking that number down to its smallest parts. This lesson will show you two different ways to discover the prime factorization of any number.
6. How to Find the Greatest Common Factor
If the factors of a number are the different numbers that you can multiply together to get that original number, then the greatest common factor of two numbers is just the biggest one that both have in common. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
7. How to Find the Least Common Multiple
The least common multiple of two numbers is the smallest number that can be divided evenly by your two original numbers. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS TAP - Test of Academic Proficiency (400): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the Illinois TAP Test
- Illinois TAP Reading Comprehension: Vocabulary & Language
- Illinois TAP Reading Comprehension: Find the Main Idea & Supporting Details
- Illinois TAP Reading Comprehension: Inference & Interpretation
- Illinois TAP Reading Comprehension: Critical Reasoning
- Illinois TAP Reading: Summarizing & Interpreting Information
- Illinois TAP Language Arts: Grammar
- Illinois TAP Language Arts: Writing Mechanics
- Illinois TAP Writing: Understanding Audience
- Illinois TAP Writing: Development & Organization
- Illinois TAP Writing: Editing & Revision
- Illinois TAP Writing: Clarity
- Illinois TAP Writing: Practice
- Illinois TAP Math: Fractions, Decimals & Percents
- Illinois TAP Math: Estimation & Measurement
- Illinois TAP Math: Reasoning Skills
- Illinois TAP Math: Algebra
- Illinois TAP Math: Geometry
- Illinois TAP Math: Data & Statistics
- ILTS TAP - Test of Academic Proficiency Flashcards