About This Chapter
TASC Math: Quadratic Equations - Chapter Summary
Brush up on your knowledge of quadratic equations through the sample questions and examples in this TASC Math prep chapter. The short videos cover:
- Identifying of quadratic equations
- Determining the greatest common factor
- The multiplication property of zero
- Using the quadratic formula
- Solving nonstandard quadratics
- Solving quadratic inequalities
Our subject-matter experts use graphics and real-world examples to teach these math concepts in short videos. The videos are supplemented by multiple-choice quizzes, where you can test your knowledge on solving quadratic equations.
TASC Math: Quadratic Equations - Chapter Objectives
The TASC Math exam includes questions from five content areas: numbers and quantity, algebra, geometry, functions and statistics. The 55 questions are primarily multiple-choice items that assess your ability to select and apply the correct math procedure to solve a problem. There is also one constructed-response question, one technology-enhanced question and a few gridded-response items. Quadratic equation questions may be included within the algebra content area; this content area makes up 26% of the test questions. This chapter can help you review the process for solving problems that contain quadratic equations in preparation for this portion of the TASC Math test.
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TASC Mathematics: Prep and Practice course
- TASC Math: Real Numbers
- TASC Math: Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review
- Intro to Algebraic Expressions
- Intro to Algebraic Equations
- TASC Math: Exponents and Exponential Expressions
- Overview of Square Roots
- TASC Math: Radical Expressions
- TASC Math: Functions
- TASC Math: Graphing and Functions
- Overview of Sequences
- TASC Math: Inequalities
- TASC Math: Algebraic Distribution
- TASC Math: Linear Equations
- TASC Math: Factoring
- TASC Math: Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations
- TASC Math: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- TASC Math: Rational Expressions
- TASC Math: Measurement
- Lines, Angles & Arcs
- Shapes in Geometry
- Volume & Surface Area
- TASC Math: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions
- TASC Math: Data, Statistics, and Probability
- Making Inferences & Justifying Conclusions in Math
- TASC Mathematics Flashcards