About This Chapter
Teacher Cover Letters - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have created this chapter about teacher cover letters to help you land the job that will get you a classroom of your own. Of the different topics you will learn, some of those will include the following:
- Formatting cover letters for grade-level specific teachers
- Tips for designing cover letters for single-subject teachers
- Strategies first-year teachers can use in cover letters
- Drafting cover letters for teaching assistants
This chapter has been divided into several lessons, and each lesson focuses on cover letter designs for different types of teachers, such as kindergarten teachers, Spanish teachers, ESL teachers, and more. You can review all the lessons to see the variations in cover letter designs, or you can use this teacher resource to go directly to the lesson that will help you draft your very own cover letter.
How It Helps
- Improves professional skills: Part of being a professional educator involves understanding multiple levels of communication, and this chapter helps you master some vocational communication techniques.
- Provides realistic examples: Besides telling you how to write a cover letter, our lessons provide you with multiple examples of different letters, each designed for a specific type of job candidate.
- Saves you time: Drafting employment documents like cover letters can take a large amount of time, but these lessons tell you exactly how to write these letters in a professional format, taking out the guesswork and helping you use your time more efficiently.
By completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and basic format of cover letters
- Implement cover letter formatting strategies for subject-specific teachers
- Compare cover letter styles for teachers in different grade levels
- Use the example guides to compose personalized cover letters
1. Math Teacher Cover Letter Example
Getting a teaching job can feel overwhelming, and as you apply, you might wonder how to make yourself stand out from the crowd. This lesson offers you an example of a cover letter that will help you get a position as a math teacher.
2. Music Teacher Cover Letter Example
A strong cover letter can make all the difference in whether or not you are hired for a position. This lesson gives you an example of a cover letter for a music teacher.
3. High School Teacher Cover Letter Sample
A cover letter can be a very important part of your job application. This lesson gives you a sample of how to write a cover letter to become a high school teacher.
4. Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Applying for a job in a preschool? You'll need to show your skills in a cover letter to your perspective employer. Use this lesson plan to get ideas on what to include and how to format your cover letter for preschool education.
5. Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Sample
A cover letter is an incredibly important piece of your elementary teaching application. This lesson will provide you with a sample of a teacher cover letter for an elementary teaching position.
6. First Year Teacher Cover Letter Example
Getting a job as a teacher is sometimes a daunting task, especially when you are just starting out. This lesson offers you an example of a cover letter that will help you succeed on the job market.
7. Art Teacher Cover Letter Template
Getting a position as an art teacher is not easy, and you will want to have a stand-out application. This lesson provides you with a template for writing a cover letter for art teaching positions.
8. Kindergarten Teacher Cover Letter Example
Writing a cover letter is your chance to showcase some of your unique attributes as well as your professional hopes. This lesson gives you an example of what a kindergarten teacher's cover letter might look like.
9. ESL Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Cover letters can be an important part of any job application. This lesson provides you with a sample of a cover letter for a job teaching English language learners.
10. Science Teacher Cover Letter Example
When applying for teaching jobs, it is important to have a strong cover letter that will help your resume stand out from the crowd. This letter gives you an example of how to apply for a job as a science teacher.
11. Spanish Teacher Cover Letter Sample
When submitting your application for the position of Spanish teacher, you should include a cover letter that highlights your strengths, qualifications and experience. This resource will help you write an effective cover letter.
12. Middle School Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Getting a job as a middle school teacher can feel overwhelming. One thing that really makes an application stand out is a strong cover letter. This lesson gives you an example of what such a cover letter might look like.
13. Sample Cover Letter for a Teacher Assistant
Getting a job as a teaching assistant might seem a little overwhelming! A good cover letter can make all the difference, though. This lesson gives you an example of how such a letter might look.
14. Physical Education Interview Questions
If you are applying for a job as a PE teacher, you might want to know what questions to expect at your interview! This lesson will help you prepare to make the most of the interview experience.
15. Paraprofessional Interview Questions
Most schools employ paraprofessionals who assist classroom teachers and support the students. This resource provides interview questions that will help you determine which candidates are a good fit for your school and its culture.
16. Special Education Interview Questions
If you are applying for a job as a special educator, it is important to dedicate some time to preparing for a job interview. This lesson gives you a sense of questions you might be asked and provides you with ideas for how to answer.
17. Paraprofessional Resume Sample
This lesson will provide the necessary informational pieces for a dynamic paraprofessional resume sample. What to include, what to omit, and what a resume must have!
18. Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample
A cover letter should always accompany your resume when you are applying for a paraprofessional position. This resource will help you write an effective paraprofessional cover letter that highlights your experience, strengths and qualifications.
19. ESL Teacher Resume Sample
This article offers a professional ESL teacher resume sample as well as various tips, recommendations and comments. This sample may be easily adopted and customized for your own use. If you are an employer, this article gives you some items to look for in teacher application documents.
20. Teacher Contract Sample & Template
A teacher contract is an important document that all schools need in order to clearly define the conditions of employment. This resource will help you through the process of creating an individualized contract for your school.
21. Dance Teacher Contract Sample
If you are interested in hiring or being hired as a dance teacher, you may be wondering what your contract will look like. This lesson explains the key components of a dance teacher contract and offers examples for each component.
22. Life Skills Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Are you applying for a job as a teacher of life skills? Having a strong cover letter can make all the difference. This lesson offers you a sample of a cover letter that will help you succeed in your job search.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Teachers course
- Classroom Management Ideas for Teachers
- Behavior Management Resources for Teachers
- Behavioral Interventions for Teachers
- Preschool Teacher Resources
- Teacher Career Information Resources
- Letter Samples & Templates for Teachers
- Behavior Charts Ideas & Strategies for Teachers
- Basic Instructional Strategies for Physical Education
- Safety in Elementary Science