About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our High School Algebra II course will benefit homeschool parents by providing them with:
- new ways to teach the concepts in this course
- strategies to engage students during the learning process
- recommended activities and discussion questions to pair with lessons
How it works:
This helpful collection of homeschool resources offers homeschool parents relevant tools to make planning lessons easy.
- Integrate these resources into your educational routine to vary instruction and engage your child.
- Reference our materials as inspiration for your lesson plans, activities, and assignments.
1. Imaginary Numbers Lesson Plan
Teach your students about imaginary numbers with this lesson plan. Students will watch an engaging video explaining the basics of imaginary numbers such as where they come from and how to solve with them. Discussion questions, activities and a quiz will help make concepts memorable.
2. Rational Roots Theorem Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will learn the Rational Roots Theorem method for generating a list of possible solutions to a polynomial. They will apply their understanding to create an infographic with a description, example, and history of the Theorem.
3. Quadratic Equation Lesson Plan
Do your students know the fundamentals of quadratic equations? Two video lesson provide an overview and ample opportunities for beginning-level practice. Our related lessons and extensions allow for more advanced study of this topic.
4. Parabolas Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students will learn about the three most common forms of parabolic equations (standard, intercept and vertex) through discussion, quizzes, active games and development of original visual presentations.
5. Logarithms Lesson Plan
Are you seeking an easier way to teach logarithms? This lesson plan simplifies the process by featuring two video lessons to outline key concepts, both of which allow ample opportunities for practice and discussion.
6. Arithmetic Sequence Lesson Plan
Working on arithmetic sequences? Use this video-based lesson plan to teach the formula an arithmetic sequence. Students then learn reasons the formula makes working with an arithmetic sequence easier. Apply concepts during and after the lesson.
7. Calculating Permutations Lesson Plan
Educate your students on how to calculate a permutation with this helpful lesson plan. They will watch a video lesson about permutations, participate in a hands on activity, and take an accompanying quiz on permutations to reinforce concepts.
8. Law of Cosines Lesson Plan
This lesson plan introduces the Law of Cosines to students and helps them contextualize this concept by using the Pythagorean Theorem as a basis. A pre-activity reinforces students' previous knowledge of the Pythagorean Theorem, and a post-activity uses student modeling of problems to show conceptual understanding. Throughout the lesson, discussion questions are presented to build upon student's prior knowledge and extend student learning.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra II: High School course
- Algebra II: Real Numbers
- Algebra II: Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review
- Algebra II: Exponents and Exponential Expressions Review
- Algebra II: Properties of Functions Review
- Algebra II: Linear Equations Review
- Algebra II: Systems of Linear Equations
- Algebra II: Inequalities Review
- Algebra II: Absolute Value Review
- Algebra II: Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations Review
- Algebra II: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II: Factoring
- Algebra II: Polynomials
- Algebra II: Rational Expressions
- Algebra II: Graphing and Functions
- Algebra II: Conic Sections
- Algebra II: Roots and Radical Expressions Review
- Algebra II: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Algebra II: Sequences & Series
- Algebra II: Combinatorics
- Algebra II: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions Review
- Algebra II: Statistics
- Algebra II: Trigonometry
- Algebra II: Assignments & Projects