About This Chapter
Teaching A Christmas Carol - Chapter Summary
The engaging activities and discussion questions in this chapter can be used for teaching your students about A Christmas Carol. This chapter provides you with the following tools:
- A lesson plan for teaching A Christmas Carol
- Comprehension and discussion questions on this story
- Classroom activities related to this book
If you need clarification on these materials, you can reach out to our professional instructors. They are more than happy to answer your questions and help you succeed as a teacher.
How It Helps
- Increases student interest: Provides activities that can make learning about A Christmas Carol entertaining.
- Encourages critical thinking: Your students will have the chance to think about critical aspects of this story through different types of questions.
- Expands curriculum: You'll be presented with resources that can be directly applied to your English literature curriculum.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Put together a lesson plan for A Christmas Carol
- Use comprehension questions to facilitate student understanding
- Lead class discussion questions on the story
- Introduce different activities related to the book to your classroom
1. A Christmas Carol Lesson Plan
Don't be a Scrooge with your instruction on Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol. Using a Study.com text lesson, this lesson plan is designed to accommodate classes who have and who have not read the story. Optional activities and related lessons allow for deeper exploration of this classic along with several other of Dickens' works.
2. A Christmas Carol Comprehension Questions
A Christmas Carol an important book in literary history. Give your students something to focus on as they read with the following comprehension questions.
3. A Christmas Carol Discussion Questions
The questions in this lesson can be used ensure students are reading and to help them explore more deeply the characters, setting, plot, and theme in Charles Dickens' story, 'A Christmas Carol.'
4. A Christmas Carol Activities
A Christmas Carol is an important 19th century novel with a great message and interesting themes. Help your students better understand it with some of these fun activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.