About This Chapter
Teaching Art & Technology - Chapter Summary
You'll find a series of lesson plans on teaching technology and art to your students in this chapter. Some of the subjects covered here include typography, block printing and the industrial arts. This mobile-friendly resource is designed to be mobile friendly for convenient review and customizable to meet your curriculum planning needs. Feel free to use as few or as many of the plans as needed for your classroom schedule.
How It Helps
- Class discussion questions: Helps you quickly create engaging discussion questions that will get your students really thinking about the intersection of art and technology.
- Curriculum standards: Takes the stress out of planning when you feel confident that block printing, typography, and industrial arts topics you're teaching meet all the appropriate educational standards.
- Homework suggestions: Prepares you to send your students home with thought-provoking homework assignments on art and technology that will keep them thinking beyond the classroom.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning art and technology lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific technology and art topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your art class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related art and technology lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important technology and art concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant technology and art-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Typography Lesson Plan
What is typography? Two text lessons provide comprehensive instruction on this topic while an in-class activity allows for deeper exploration of the subject. Extensions and related lessons are provided for further instruction.
2. Technology & Art Lesson Plan
Is technology changing the way we produce and access art? This lesson plan explores this topic through an informative video lesson and a memorable hands-on activity.
3. Block Printing Lesson Plan
Block printing was an early means of mass producing information. This lesson plan uses a video lesson to explain this and the basic elements of block printing for students. An activity produces hands-on examples of block printing.
4. Digital Art Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students will learn about the history of digital art and how it's created by reading the lesson, answering discussion questions, completing an assignment and taking a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Art Lesson Plans & Projects course
- Photography Lesson Plans & Resources
- Design Lesson Plans & Projects
- Fashion Design Lesson Plans & Resources
- Classroom Art Projects
- Drawing Lesson Plans
- Teaching Sculpture
- Art Lesson Plans
- Museum Lesson Plans & Resources
- Elements of Art Lesson Plans
- Painting Lesson Plans
- Collage & Mosaic Lesson Plans
- Outdoor Art Lesson Plans & Activities
- Fiber Art & Sewing Lesson Plans