About This Chapter
Teaching Conjunctions in Grammar - Chapter Summary
You'll find helpful lesson plans and resources in this chapter on teaching conjunctions that you can incorporate right away into your curriculum. This chapter is available 24 hours a day on any smartphone, tablet or computer so you can most effectively utilize your teacher planning hours. This chapter contains conjunction games, correlative conjunctions lesson plans and subordinating conjunction activities that help students understand these important grammatical subjects.
How It Helps
- Encourages Discussions: The content helps you create effective prompts that really get your students thinking about grammar and conjunctions.
- Meets Common Core: This chapter takes the stress out of planning by ensuring what you are teaching meets all necessary educational requirements.
- Engages Students: The included activities suggestions get your students interested and engaged by allowing them to interact with grammar subjects in a creative way.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning grammar lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific conjunction topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your English class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related conjunctions lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important conjunction concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant conjunction-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Conjunctions Lesson Plan
Use this Study.com lesson to teach your students about types of conjunctions. Then, have students practice and apply knowledge by creating short stories.
2. Conjunction Activities & Games
When students know how conjunctions work, they can make more complex sentences in their speaking and writing. This lesson offers you some activities and games you can use for teaching your students about conjunctions.
3. Correlative Conjunctions Lesson Plan
This lesson plan uses whole class work, small groups, interactive activities and a writing assignment to introduce and practice the rules for using correlative conjunctions correctly.
4. What Are Correlative Conjunctions? - Definition & Examples
Correlative conjunctions are pairs of joining words that we frequently use to connect two ideas together in a sentence. In this lesson, we'll define what a correlative conjunction is, learn the most commonly used correlative conjunctions, and discover rules for using them in sentences.
5. Coordinating Conjunctions Activities
Coordinating conjunctions are a necessary part of English grammar, so it's essential for students to understand how to use them correctly. This lesson provides teachers with classroom activities designed to teach coordinating conjunctions to a variety of learners.
6. Subordinating Conjunction Activities
Putting a name to the seemingly endless number of English grammar terms and concepts can be enjoyable if you use the right activities. This lesson provides teachers with subordinating conjunction activities for classroom use.
7. Correlative Conjunctions Activities
Teaching correlative conjunctions doesn't have to be dry or boring. Try these interactive activities to reinforce your middle or high school students' understanding of correlative conjunctions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Grammar & Parts of Speech Lesson Plans & Games course