About This Chapter
Teaching Entrepreneurship - Chapter Summary
This chapter can help you develop curriculum related to entrepreneurship. We've included a variety of resources for different grade levels, including project ideas for middle and high school, entrepreneur lesson plans for elementary school kids and more. Feel free to pick the content that applies to your educational needs.
How It Helps
- Expert guidance: Takes the stress out of curriculum planning with our materials created by experienced educators.
- Vocabulary words: Highlights important terms and concepts that your students need to know to really grasp this subject.
- Group project ideas: Engage your students with interesting projects suitable for a range of ages.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning entrepreneurship lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific entrepreneurship topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your business class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related entrepreneurship lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important entrepreneurship concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant entrepreneurship-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Entrepreneurship Lesson Plan
What is an entrepreneur and how do they contribute to business? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to outline key concepts regarding entrepreneurialism. A group activity asks students to design their own entrepreneurial enterprises.
2. Common Forms of Entrepreneurship
Creating a new product and being brave enough to try and sell it can lead to exciting things for an entrepreneur. In this lesson, we'll learn the four common forms of entrepreneurship and their characteristics.
3. Entrepreneur Lesson Plan for Elementary School
What do your students know about entrepreneurs? This lesson plan will give you the tools you need to teach them all about entrepreneurship. An activity gives students the opportunity to try entrepreneurship for themselves.
4. Entrepreneur Lesson for Kids: Definition & Ideas
Millions of companies and businesses all over the world have been created by entrepreneurs. In this lesson, learn the definition of an entrepreneur, find out how entrepreneurs start businesses, and discover some cool facts about famous entrepreneurs.
5. Characteristics of an Entrepreneur Lesson Plan
What characteristics are common among entrepreneurs? This lesson plan examines this question with the use of an engaging video lesson. An activity asks students to create an assessment to identify potential entrepreneurs.
6. High School Entrepreneurship Project Ideas
Looking for projects to use with your high school students? The following ideas can be used in an entrepreneurship course or as part of a life skills course.
7. Middle School Entrepreneurship Project Ideas
Use these project ideas for a unit on entrepreneurship or after tackling an economics unit. Students deepen their understanding through collaborative and engaging projects - any of which can be done individually, or as one large culminating project.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.