About This Chapter
Teaching Flowers for Algernon - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains engaging discussion questions and activities that can be used in creating your Flowers for Algernon lesson plans. When you use these resources, they can enhance your student's learning. This chapter provides you with the following tools:
- Flowers for Algernon lesson plan ideas
- Discussion and essay questions related to the novel
- Different project ideas for Flowers for Algernon
- Classroom activities for the story
- Similar book suggestions
Every lesson in this chapter offers different resources that you can use in your classroom when teaching students about Flowers for Algernon. If at any time you are struggling through the lessons and need clarification, you can reach out to our professional instructors. They are more than happy to answer your questions and help you succeed as a teacher.
How It Helps
- Fun and engaging activities: Students can participate in activities that can make learning about Flowers for Algernon fun and entertaining.
- Encourages critical thinking: The resources in these lessons help your students think critically about this book and improve their abilities to understand and analyze it.
- More teacher resources: After going through this chapter, you'll be able to increase the types of resources you can use in your literature classroom.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Put together a lesson plan for Flowers for Algernon
- Use the discussion questions to faciltite classroom discussions
- Assess student's understanding with the essay questions
- Utilize different activities and project ideas in your classroom to engage students
- Identify books that are similar to Flowers for Algernon
1. Flowers for Algernon Lesson Plan
This lesson plan uses an activity, extension, quiz, and discussion questions to help students learn about 'Flowers for Algernon' as well as the deeper meaning behind its characters and plot.
2. Flowers for Algernon Discussion Questions
Teachers, 'Flowers for Algernon' teaches students about friendship, death and love. Use this lesson to probe student's comprehension of the events and characters of the book while enhancing their critical thinking and literary analysis skills.
3. Flowers for Algernon Essay Questions
'Flowers for Algernon' is a thought-provoking story that encourages students to consider how a drastic change to a person's life can have an extensive impact on society. Use these essay questions to spur your students' interaction with the story.
4. Flowers for Algernon Activities
Flowers for Algernon is a powerful story that can make a lasting impact on your students. Use the activities in this lesson to help your students deepen their appreciation and connection to the story.
5. Flowers for Algernon Projects
Following up the reading of Flowers for Algernon with projects will help the students have a closer, personal connection to the story. Use the ideas in this lesson to create meaningful projects that the students can complete and gain a greater appreciation of the story.
6. Books Like Flowers for Algernon
Do your students love the story of Charlie Gordon's intellectual rise and fall? This lesson will give you several options for books similar to 'Flowers for Algernon' that could stoke your students' motivation to continue reading.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.