About This Chapter
Teaching I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Chapter Summary
Help your students gain a full understanding of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings through the use of hands-on activities discussed in this chapter. You can go beyond traditional lesson plans and use these suggestions and strategies as well as video lessons to make learning about this autobiography fun and engaging for your students.
Lessons outline classroom and homework assignments, projects and group and individual activities that supplement classroom materials to enhance the learning experience for your literature class.
How It Helps
- Student engagement: Ensures student participation and engagement through non-traditional approaches to learning about I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
- Activities or games: Allows you and your students to use creativity to learn about different aspects of this autobiographical work.
- Classroom discussion questions/topics: Suggests discussion topics about the book that address topics you might not cover in a traditional lesson plan.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning literature lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics about I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings that you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
- Engage your students with relevant I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Autobiography Lesson Plan
This Study.com video lesson delivers the facts about autobiographies, and an activity gives students the chance to pen their own stories. Take advantage of the extra opportunities for exploration of this topic and related lessons for further study.
2. Maya Angelou Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach your students about poet and author Maya Angelou. Students will read a biography of her life and a list of her works, before analyzing one of her poems.
3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Lesson Plan
Did your students grasp the key themes in Maya Angelou's 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings?' This lesson plan uses a text lesson to outline primary themes in the autobiographical novel and a creative activity uses will connect students to specific lines of text that reflect these themes.
4. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Activities
If your students are reading ~'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,~' they are in for a real treat as well as a profound intellectual experience. The activities in this lesson will help enhance their comprehension of Maya Angelou's important text.
5. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Project Ideas
Once your students have finished reading ~'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,~' you may want to get them engaged in projects that enhance their comprehension of the text. This lesson provides some ideas to get you started.
6. Essay Topics & Prompts for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
~'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings~' is a profound text with the potential to help your students think deeply about a variety of themes. This lesson offers essay topics and prompts designed to enhance their critical thinking and analysis.
7. Discussion Questions for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Reading ~'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings~' can be an incredibly moving experience for students, but they may need help comprehending the text. This lesson offers discussion questions that will enhance your students' understanding.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Study Guide course
- Historical & Literary Context of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Literary Analysis
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Literary Devices
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Character Analysis
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Quotes
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Chapter Summaries