About This Chapter
Teaching Kids About Dinosaurs - Chapter Summary
Our engaging chapter covers ways to successfully teach kids about dinosaurs. Topics explored here include fossil games and activities, as well as dinosaur projects and experiments you can use in the classroom. These resources are written by professional instructors who know how to effectively teach kids about these topics in ways that will interest your students and get them involved in the learning process.
How It Helps
- Encourages participation: When teaching your students about dinosaurs, they are more likely to understand and retain what they've learned with these hands-on, interactive projects, games and activities.
- Makes your planning easier: Because you can find a variety of activities and approaches to lead your classroom in one chapter, your planning process is simplified so your time can be used elsewhere.
- Meets educational standards: You can be confident that all the resources you access here meet all appropriate educational criteria when integrated into your curriculum.
This chapter helps you achieve the following objectives:
- Lead your students in dinosaur fossil games
- Teach your younger students about dinosaurs
- Use interesting dinosaur science projects and experiments in class
- Help your students understand dinosaur fossils using activities
- Understand what interests kids about dinosaurs
1. Dinosaur Fossil Games for Kids
This lesson provides hands-on games for students of all ages to play as they learn about dinosaur fossils. Students can dig for fossils, race around the room to identify different types, and play matching games to discover their different origins.
2. Learning About Dinosaurs for Kids
Kids are so often interested in learning about dinosaurs, understanding what dinosaurs were, and incorporating dinosaurs into their play. This lesson offers some ideas about what learning about dinosaurs means for kids.
3. Dinosaur Science Projects & Experiments for Kids
Dinosaurs can be a major topic of fascination for children. This lesson offers ideas for science projects and experiments that will help kids learn more about these great creatures.
4. Dinosaur Fossil Activities for Kids
Most students love learning about dinosaurs. This series of hands-on activities is geared towards younger students, and will enhance student knowledge as well as keep students engaged. These activities can be completed in the classroom, or at home.
5. Why Do Kids Like Dinosaurs?
Have you ever spent time with a kid who was interested in dinosaurs? If so, you might be wondering just what the appeal is. This lesson offers various ideas about why kids are into dinosaurs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.