About This Chapter
Teaching Lord of the Flies: Guide & Resources - Chapter Summary
Before teaching Lord of the Flies, it's good to review the novel by exploring the types of questions you might ask your students. The lessons in this chapter guide you through questions, essay prompts, project ideas and more. Exploring these lessons gives you access to the following:
- Lord of the Flies questions for chapters 1-12
- Discussion and study guide questions for Lord of the Flies
- Lord of the Flies essay prompts, project ideas and activities
- Unit plan for Lord of the Flies
Lessons are accessible from your computer, smartphone or tablet and can be viewed as often as you'd prefer. Review them to boost your knowledge of Lord of the Flies and access resources that can make teaching the novel easier.
How It Helps
- Aids in curriculum planning: The lessons in this chapter not only help you plan lessons for your Lord of the Flies unit, but also ease the process of preparing curriculum for your entire course.
- Enhances classroom instruction: By providing you with chapter, study guide and discussion questions along with project ideas, you get the assistance you need in instructing your students at the highest level.
- Encourages student participation: Lord of the Flies activities encourage students to engage and participate, which can help them more easily absorb information covered in the novel.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss Lord of the Flies questions for chapters 1-12
- Share and discuss study guide and discussion questions for Lord of the Flies
- Utilize Lord of the Flies essay prompts
- Take advantage of project ideas and activities for Lord of the Flies
- Incorporate this chapter's Lord of the Flies unit plan into your curriculum
1. Lord of the Flies Chapter 1 Questions
If you're teaching 'Lord of the Flies' and you need discussion questions broken down by chapter, you've found them! These questions are further divided by thinking level according to Bloom's Revised Taxonomy.
2. Lord of the Flies Chapter 2 Questions
Are you teaching 'Lord of the Flies?' If you need discussion questions broken down by chapter, here you go! These questions are further divided by thinking level according to Bloom's Revised Taxonomy.
3. Lord of the Flies Chapter 3 Questions
If you're teaching Lord of the Flies, then you might like discussion questions broken down by levels of thinking, specific to the chapters of the book. Here's where you can find discussion questions like that for Chapter 3.
4. Lord of the Flies Chapter 4 Questions
If you're using 'Lord of the Flies' in your classroom, then you're probably looking for discussion questions. This lesson contains 15 questions categorized by levels of thinking.
5. Lord of the Flies Chapter 5 Questions
'Lord of the Flies' is a rich novel to use in an English classroom, and you'll need some equally rich discussion questions to go with it. This lesson contains several questions, broken down according to Bloom's Revised Taxonomy.
6. Lord of the Flies Chapter 6 Questions
If you need questions to get the discussion moving on Chapter 6 of 'Lord of the Flies', then look no further! Here are 15 questions, grouped using Bloom's Revised Taxonomy.
7. Lord of the Flies Chapter 7 Questions
This lesson contains 15 discussion questions for ~'Lord of the Flies~', chapter 7. The questions begin with factual recall and build to higher order ones that require students to weigh both sides of a debate.
8. Lord of the Flies Chapter 8 Questions
'Gift for the Darkness' is Chapter 8 in Golding's novel Lord of the Flies. This lesson contains fifteen discussion questions that start with simple recall questions, and move to ones that require more complex thinking.
9. Lord of the Flies Chapter 9 Questions
If you're teaching Lord of the Flies in your English class, then you've come to the right place! Here are discussion questions for Chapter 9, broken down by level of thinking.
10. Lord of the Flies Chapter 10 Questions
If you're using ''Lord of the Flies'' in your English class, then you probably need discussion questions that will help students understand the plot and uncover the deeper ideas of the novel. Here are several questions for Chapter 10, divided by Bloom's Taxonomy.
11. Lord of the Flies Chapter 11 Questions
Are you looking for discussion questions for Chapter 11 of ''Lord of the Flies''? You've found them! These questions are broken down by Bloom's Revised Taxonomy, so you can work from factual recall to more complex and rich class discussions.
12. Lord of the Flies Chapter 12 Questions
These discussion questions will help you teach the final chapter of Lord of the Flies. They begin with factual recall questions and move through the levels of Bloom's Taxonomy.
13. Lord of the Flies Study Guide Questions
This lesson offers a series of study guide questions that cover the main plot points, characters, setting, and the main ideas presented in ''The Lord of the Flies''. If you need a full novel study guide for your class, here it is!
14. Lord of the Flies Discussion Questions
A good set of discussions questions will help students to get the most out of ''Lord of the Flies''. Here are 24 discussion questions, two for each chapter of the book. These questions move beyond recall or understanding and require students to think on a higher level about the ideas of the book.
15. Lord of the Flies Essay Prompts
Lord of the Flies is a novel that can be used to teach a variety of curriculum standards. These six essay prompts draw from the novel's major themes and motifs and require students to think critically and to synthesize their thoughts on the book.
16. Lord of the Flies Project Ideas
If you are teaching ''Lord of the Flies'', you might be in search of some projects that will really help your students bring the themes of the text to life. This lesson offers you ideas to get your students thinking critically and deeply about the text.
17. Lord of the Flies Activities
If you're using 'Lord of the Flies' in your class, then you're probably looking for some solid learning activities to go with it. Look no further! This lesson will give you several activities to get your class thinking.
18. Lord of the Flies Unit Plan
For a variety of reasons, 'Lord of the Flies' continues to be a staple in English classrooms around the world. This lesson provides teachers with a unit outline for teaching Lord of the Flies to students.
19. Lord of the Flies Lesson Plan
Help students understand theme and deeper points for the novel 'Lord of the Flies' with this video lesson plan. Students ask and answer questions and summarize events, then play a game to reinforce concepts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.