About This Chapter
Teaching Math Projects - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find project ideas to use as a supplement to your math curriculum that can help your secondary students learn in an effective and engaging way. Ideas for projects on tessellation, trigonometric art and Rube Goldberg are included, as well as project ideas for specific grades. Adjust and modify these ideas to suit your lesson plans and curriculum in any way that's needed. Help from one of our experts is available in the Dashboard if you want to discuss any of the ideas or clarify any of the instructions.
How It Helps
- Ensures comprehension: You'll feel confident knowing you can teach your students about subjects such as tessellation and trigonometry with ease in a way they will fully understand.
- Targets uses: Whether you've got a math fair coming up or want to promote math art in your classes, specific ideas are included in this chapter
- Provides application: Because projects are included here that include real-world topics, your students will more fully understand how math applies to their every day life and to the world around them.
After you complete this chapter, you should be able to utilize:
- Project ideas about tessellation
- Math fair project ideas for elementary and middle school and 9th grade
- Math projects for middle and high school students
- Math art projects for middle and high school
- 8th grade Rube Goldberg project ideas
- Trigonometry project ideas for high school
- 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th grade math project ideas
- Math projects for the real world
- Trigonometric art projects
1. Math Art Projects for High School
High school students can be very advanced mathematicians who benefit from the opportunity to explore math in different ways. These art projects will enhance your students' experience and learning around a number of different mathematical topics.
2. Math Art Projects for Middle School
Middle school math students are often ready to work with some fairly sophisticated topics. This lesson offers you some projects that make math fun for the middle school learner and accessible to those who think visually and aesthetically.
3. Math Projects for High School
Math can be made more fun through project-based learning. Here are some ideas for math projects to get your students' creative juices flowing. Try them out in your classroom.
4. Math Projects for Middle School Students
Even mathematics can be turned into an active, project-based experience. Keep your students engaged by trying some of these middle school math projects.
5. Tessellation Project Ideas
Art in math; what could be better? These projects will get your students excited about exploring tessellations as they work together and independently to create works of art in tessellated form.
6. Math Fair Project Ideas for 9th Grade
Math fairs are non-competitive opportunities for students to solve problems that require mathematical thinking. The following are project ideas for a 9th-grade math fair.
7. Rube Goldberg Project Ideas for 8th Grade
Rube Goldberg was a creative genius known for his cartoons describing unique contraptions. These four Rube Goldberg project ideas will help your students learn about the talented man and his amazing machines.
8. Trigonometry Project Ideas for High School
Educate your high school students about trigonometry with these helpful group project ideas. These projects will develop their analytical, communicative, and cooperative skills.
9. 4th Grade Math Project Ideas
This asset offers multiple cumulative math projects that allow your students to showcase their knowledge while engaging with real-world mathematical concepts.
10. 6th Grade Math Project Ideas
Math projects that seem like games or art can help motivate students about the subject. The projects offered in this asset are designed to fully engage your 6th grade students as they showcase their math knowledge.
11. Math in the Real World Project Ideas
Math projects help students see just how they will use their math skills when they are out of school. The projects offered here will motivate your students to explore how important math is in our daily lives.
12. 7th Grade Math Project Ideas
Real-world math projects help students understand how they will use their acquired math skills. The math projects offered here are designed for middle school students.
13. 5th Grade Math Project Ideas
Do you want your students to really show you what they know? These projects will engage your students to showcase their math skills in fun ways. The projects require deep thought and multiple steps to complete.
14. Math Fair Project Ideas for Elementary
A math fair offers a fun opportunity for students to learn the underlying mathematical concepts behind some challenging puzzles and games. The following projects include some ideas for math fair challenges.
15. Math Fair Project Ideas for Middle School
Use these math fair project ideas to help your middle school students gain real-world experience applying important concepts. Each project requires a deep understanding and application of essential math skills.
16. Trigonometric Art Project Ideas
Trigonometry can be an overwhelming concept for some students to wrap their head around. Using these art projects with your high school trigonometry students will help them get excited about the course and understand the key concepts.
17. Math Video Project Ideas
This asset offers ideas for Math video projects for students of all ages. The projects can be adjusted for all skill levels and Math topics. An alternative is given in the case that video devices are not available.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Secondary Math Lesson Plans course