About This Chapter
Teaching Oedipus Rex - Chapter Summary
You can watch the video lessons included in this chapter to get some helpful tips and strategies for helping your students understand Sophocles' Oedipus Rex. Topics discussed in these lessons include:
- Oedipus Rex lesson plans
- Questions for Oedipus Rex study guides
- Questions for classroom discussions
- Topics for essays on Oedipus Rex
Given the significance of this particular play to world literature and any comprehensive English course, our resources will benefit teachers who are helping their students better understand the significance and qualities of this work. If you would like, you can take the chapter's practice quizzes and final exam to ensure that you have grasped the major points from the lessons.
How It Helps
- Offers lesson plans: Teaching Oedipus Rex is much easier if you use the comprehensive lesson plans we have provided in this chapter.
- Encourages discussion: Your students will have an easier time studying and analyzing this work if they are guided in classroom discussions by critical and in-depth questions.
- Suggests essay topics: By providing you with comprehensive essay topics on this subject, this chapter will allow you to help your students improve their understanding of this play.
Review our resources so you can:
- Construct comprehensive and effective lessons on Sophocles' Oedipus Rex
- Write helpful study guides for your students that employ diverse and stimulating questions
- Guide classroom discussions on Oedipus Rex that will bring about greater understanding from your students
- Assign creative and impactful essay topics on this subject to your students
1. Oedipus Rex Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to help you engage students with learning about the Greek tragedy 'Oedipus Rex' by Sophocles. Students will learn how to identify themes, summarize plot, identify setting and characters, and understand vocabulary.
2. Oedipus Rex Study Guide Questions
This lesson contains study guide questions to help students understand the classic Greek drama, 'Oedipus Rex.' The questions cover broad essential facts on the characters, plot, conflict, and themes of the play.
3. Oedipus Rex Discussion Questions
When you read Oedipus Rex with students, you are introducing them to a timeless classic with important implications for philosophy, psychology and culture. The questions in this lesson are designed to get them talking about the book with an eye toward critical thinking.
4. Oedipus Rex Essay Topics
Oedipus Rex can be a challenging work for students. The essay topics included here can help students refine and focus their ideas, and ultimately demonstrate what they learned from the play.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.