About This Chapter
Teaching Peg Kehret Books - Chapter Summary
If you need to plan a literature unit on Peg Kehret books, you're in the right place. This convenient chapter offers teachers a variety of lesson planning and teaching resources. Inside, you'll find simple lesson plan outlines that cover the following books by Peg Kehret:
- The Ghost's Grave
- Stolen Children
In addition to the lesson plan outlines, you'll find a variety of topical lessons that go into more detail about these stories' characters, themes, settings, genres and plots. You can access these resources at any time using your desktop computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Offers you a convenient resource for planning engaging and informative Peg Kehret book lessons
- Additional resources: Provides lesson supplements that you can easily incorporate into your literature instruction
- Easy access: Enables you to plan and enhance your Peg Kehret lessons on any computer or mobile device
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning children's literature lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Peg Kehret books you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Peg Kehret lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Peg Kehret books and characters from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant literature-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. The Ghost's Grave Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, help students explore a summary of 'The Ghost's Grave' by Peg Kehret. with it, your class will read two text lessons, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity, and take two quizzes.
2. The Ghost's Grave: Summary & Characters
In this lesson we will explore the plot and characters in Peg Kehret's novel ''A Ghost's Grave.'' Meet the repertoire of personalities in this story, both living and dead, and see how the supernatural exists on the human plane.
3. The Ghost's Grave: Themes & Genre
In this lesson we will discover the genre and themes in Peg Kehret's ''The Ghost's Grave.'' After exploring the novel's approach to speculative fiction, we will learn about belief in Purgatory and reincarnation while examining the theme of death.
4. Stolen Children by Peg Kehret Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will explore the thriller Stolen Children by Peg Kehret after students have read the book. They will read a lesson, answer discussion questions, complete an activity and take a quiz.
5. Stolen Children: Summary, Setting, & Genre
''Stolen Children'', by Peg Kehret, is a terrifying tale of the ransom kidnapping of a teenage babysitter, who must plan an escape for herself and for the toddler she has been placed in charge of. She must make a getaway; her life depends on it.
6. Abduction! by Peg Kehret Lesson Plan
The book 'Abduction!' by Peg Kehret is a thriller even for adults. After students have read the book, use this lesson plan to help them review the story's plot, settings, and themes with text lessons and an activity.
7. Abduction!: Book Summary & Genre
This lesson explores the story Peg Kehret tells in her young adult thriller ''Abduction!'' We will learn about important plot points, moral lessons, and the nail-biting climax.
8. Abduction!: Setting & Characters
This lesson introduces the setting and characters in Peg Kehret's young adult novel ''Abduction!'' After learning about the Puget Sound area of Washington State, we will get to know the novel's cast of characters.
9. Cages by Peg Kehret Lesson Plan
Cages by Pat Kehret is a great choice for students who are beginning to read chapter books. This lesson plan uses a text lesson to guide students through the content of the novel. An activity connects students to specific lines of text from the book.
10. Cages: Book Summary & Characters
We've all made mistakes and had to deal with the consequences. Learn more about Kit Hathaway's experience with this cycle in this lesson, which will summarize and highlight important characters in Peg Kehret's 'Cages.'
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Famous Children's Authors Lesson Plans course
- Teaching Eric Carle Books
- Ezra Jack Keats Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Patricia Polacco Books
- Dr. Seuss Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Kevin Henkes Books
- Teaching Books by Marc Brown
- Teaching Beverly Cleary Books
- Teaching Cynthia Rylant Books
- Judy Blume Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Pam Munoz Ryan Books
- Teaching Books by Jan Brett
- Books by Jean Craighead George Lesson Plans
- Gary Paulsen Books Lesson Plans & Activities
- Roald Dahl Books Lesson Plans
- Jerry Spinelli Books Lesson Plans
- Louis Sachar Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Leo Lionni Books