About This Chapter
Teaching The Giver - Chapter Summary
As you develop lessons for your unit on The Giver, it's good to utilize as many teacher resources as possible. This chapter offers an abundance of resources to ensure you're able to help students fully comprehend the novel. They include:
- Comprehension questions for The Giver
- Novel discussion questions
- The Giver study guide questions
- Essay questions for the novel
- Additional resources
This chapter reduces the amount of time you spend researching ideas for your lesson plans. Access resources from your computer, smartphone or tablet before, during or after school to enhance your lessons and class discussions.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons refresh your knowledge of The Giver while making you aware of unique perspectives on the novel that could improve your lesson plans.
- Inspires innovation: Ideas presented in this chapter can inspire you to develop even more innovative questions and topics related to the novel for students to explore.
- Boost student participation: Questions for comprehension, discussion and more are designed to increase student classroom participation by encouraging them to share their thoughts on the novel.
Reviewing this chapter will ensure you're ready to:
- Test students' comprehension of the novel with intriguing questions
- Keep students engaged with entertaining discussion questions
- Enrich study time with in-depth questions about The Giver
- Ensure students are able to develop quality essays
1. The Giver Comprehension Questions
The novel The Giver is an interesting but sometimes tough read. Use these comprehension questions to determine student understanding and assess comprehension. All levels of questions are included.
2. The Giver Discussion Questions
Teachers, utilize this lesson to confirm your students' comprehensions of the book. Analyze their critical thinking and literary analysis skills with the extension questions.
3. The Giver Study Guide Questions
Teachers, assign the following study guide questions to assist your students in understanding the important aspects of The Giver. Students will also be able to correlate their opinions and personal experiences.
4. The Giver Essay Questions
The Giver is a valuable novel for young students to read, and has many layers to analyze. Check out a few of these ideas for essay questions for The Giver you can use in your classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.