About This Chapter
Teaching The Grapes of Wrath - Chapter Summary
This collection of useful teacher resources is designed to help you plan a comprehensive unit on The Grapes of Wrath. Inside the chapter, you'll find suggested lesson plans, class activities, project ideas, essay prompts and more. You can use any computer or mobile device to access these materials, which makes planning lessons easy and convenient.
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons: The included unit and lesson plans help you quickly design and implement a fully-dimensional curriculum for the novel.
- Engages students: Fun classroom activities help students solidify their understanding of The Grapes of Wrath.
- Boosts student critical thinking skills: The suggested discussion questions, essay topics and project ideas encourage students to think critically about the novel.
By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Plan a comprehensive unit on The Grapes of Wrath
- Supplement your unit with class discussion questions, essay topics and projects
- Engage your students with The Grapes of Wrath class activities
- Recommend books that are similar to The Grapes of Wrath
1. The Grapes of Wrath Unit Plan
Teaching Steinbeck's ~'The Grapes of Wrath~' can be exciting, but also daunting. This lesson offers a sample unit plan to help you make the most out of the book with your literature students.
2. The Grapes of Wrath Lesson Plan
The novel 'The Grapes of Wrath' is a sprawling book that contains a lot of ideas. This lesson plan will help you teach symbols, characters, and themes for the novel, as well as information about the book's author, John Steinbeck.
3. The Grapes of Wrath Discussion Questions
This lesson provides discussion questions that can be used to help your students analyze the trials and issues portrayed in ''The Grapes of Wrath''. It also includes a few questions to help you gauge your students' opinions of this story.
4. The Grapes of Wrath Essay Topics & Questions
''The Grapes of Wrath'' by John Steinbeck is one of the most important books written about the Great Depression. This lesson provides a variety of different essay questions to help students analyze the story and understand its gravity.
5. The Grapes of Wrath Activities
'The Grapes of Wrath' is a serious story that may be difficult for some students. In this lesson, you'll find activities to break up this book's intensity and make it easier to analyze.
6. The Grapes of Wrath Project Ideas
This lesson provides a variety of group and individual project ideas to help students get more involved with 'The Grapes of Wrath' and its important message.
7. Books Like The Grapes of Wrath
''The Grapes of Wrath'' is a story about the Great Depression and its effect on a family, who is forced to move from Oklahoma to California to find work. This lesson provides a list of books that are similar.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Grapes of Wrath Study Guide course
- The Grapes of Wrath Historical Context
- The Grapes of Wrath Literary Context
- The Grapes of Wrath Literary Analysis
- The Grapes of Wrath Themes
- The Grapes of Wrath Literary Elements
- The Grapes of Wrath Literary Devices
- The Grapes of Wrath Symbols & Imagery
- The Grapes of Wrath Characters
- The Grapes of Wrath Character Quotes
- The Grapes of Wrath Quotes
- The Grapes of Wrath Chapter Summaries