About This Chapter
Teaching with Technology - Chapter Summary
Complete the lessons of this chapter to improve your understanding of the uses of technology in the classroom, related ethical concerns, and characteristics of teaching students of a digital generation. After these lessons you should be ready to answer questions about:
- Processes of teaching digital literacy
- Things to keep in mind about teaching the digital generation
- Ethics, benefits, and disadvantages regarding the use of technology in the classroom
- Different uses and types of classroom technology
- Types and uses of assistive technology
After these lessons, reinforce your retention of the material presented in them by reviewing the lessons' transcripts. To identify topics you don't understand, take the lessons' quizzes to assess your knowledge of the material. When you find topics that confuse you, use the teacher tabs of the lessons to ask our professional instructors for assistance.
1. Teaching Digital Literacy in the Classroom
Digital literacy is an important skill for your students to learn. This lesson will provide strategies and tips for teaching digital literacy in your classroom.
2. Understanding and Teaching the Digital Generation
Teaching in the 21st century means that your students belong to the digital generation. These students learn in different ways and this lesson will help you teach and understand them better.
3. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
4. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
5. Examples of Technology in the Classroom
Technology is becoming more present and useful in the classroom. This lesson will provide some examples of technology in the classroom and how it can assist student learning.
6. Different Types of Classroom Technology
Technology can broaden the horizons of your students right inside of your classroom. This lesson explores the various types of technology that can be used to liven up everything you teach.
7. Technology in the Classroom: Advantages & Disadvantages
Teachers in today's schools need to be aware of the uses of educational technology. This lesson explains both the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
8. Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Types & Uses
Students with disabilities benefit from using assistive technology. In this lesson, you will learn why assistive technology is used and the different types of assistive technology that are available.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Reading (617): Practice & Study Guide course
- Foundational Learning Theories
- Child Language Development
- Literacy Development & Literary Analysis
- Reading Strategies & Instruction
- Word-Learning Strategies
- Teaching Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension
- The Reading & Writing Connection
- Content Analysis Through Reading
- Making Connections While Reading
- Materials for Reading Instruction
- Classroom Environment for Literacy Instruction
- Teaching Diverse Learners
- Teacher & Parent Involvement in Student Learning
- Student Assessments & Evaluations
- Using Data & Monitoring in Reading Instruction
- GACE Reading Flashcards