About This Chapter
Teaching Wuthering Heights - Chapter Summary
If you plan on developing a curriculum for Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, you can supplement your instruction with these helpful and effective teacher resources. Included in this chapter are lesson plan suggestions, class discussion questions, essay and research paper topics, classroom activities and more. These resources can help you make sure you cover the most important literary elements of the novel and help your students enjoy the process of learning about this work of classic literature.
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons: You can be sure your lesson plans cover the most important literary elements from Wuthering Heights.
- Sharpens student comprehension: By challenging your students' understanding of the novel with discussion questions, you'll help them take away the most important elements from each chapter.
- Encourages a fun learning process: Make sure your students have fun learning about this novel by having them complete our engaging classroom activities.
After completing the lessons in this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Design an effective and comprehensive lesson plan for Wuthering Heights
- Assess your students' understanding of the novel's characters, plot and themes with class discussion and chapter questions
- Help your students enjoy learning about Wuthering Heights with fun classroom activities
- Assign your students essay and research paper topics
- Recommend books that are similar to Wuthering Heights
1. Wuthering Heights Lesson Plan
Want to add a spark to your instruction on Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights?' In this lesson plan, you'll find both a video and text lesson that provide a thorough analysis of the literal elements of the book and an activity that gives students a chance to break down the literary elements of the novel.
2. Wuthering Heights Activities
Activities are a great way to engage your students and help them develop a deeper understanding of literature plot points and themes. This lesson includes a mix of individual and group activities that will help you teach Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights.
3. Discussion Questions for Wuthering Heights
The discussion questions included in this lesson are helpful in creating an engaging conversation with students. By encouraging the students to discuss the story, they will gain a greater understanding of the events and improve their critical thinking skills.
4. Wuthering Heights Chapter Questions & Answers
''Wuthering Heights'' is a classic, but can be challenging for many students. There are many characters and societal expectations that affect the story. Use the questions below to help your student understand the characters and events in the book.
5. Wuthering Heights Essay Topics & Questions
Help your students deepen understanding of key plot points, characters and setting of 'Wuthering Heights' with this lesson. Essay topics and questions are presented on varying levels so all students in your class can find success.
6. Wuthering Heights Research Paper Topics & Ideas
Published in the mid-nineteenth century, Wuthering Heights is the only novel by Emily Bronte. This lesson provides some ideas for students who might want to do research papers extending their understanding of this classic novel.
7. Books Like Wuthering Heights
'Wuthering Heights' contains many elements that will spark the imaginations of readers. It blends romance, the Gothic, and suspense. Here is a list of books that have similar qualities in terms of theme and genre.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Wuthering Heights Study Guide course
- Wuthering Heights Literary & Historical Context
- Wuthering Heights Literary Devices & Techniques
- Wuthering Heights Literary Analysis & Themes
- Wuthering Heights Criticism & Interpretations
- Wuthering Heights Characters
- Wuthering Heights Settings
- Chapter Summaries for Wuthering Heights
- Wuthering Heights Quotes