About This Chapter
Team Motivation & Rewards - Chapter Summary
Help your staff learn about the benefits of team motivation and rewards with this convenient corporate training chapter. These bite-sized lessons show your supervisors how to effectively motivate employees and utilize different types of motivation and reward systems in the workplace.
The chapter is accessible at any time, and your company's managers can review the lessons on any device that has an Internet connection. We've also included short quizzes to help managers reinforce their understanding of the chapter's topics.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Supervisors who complete the chapter will develop an awareness of different types of employee reward and motivation programs.
- Reduces team burnout: Offers supervisors strategies for minimizing burnout on their work teams.
- Motivates employees:Knowledge of these reward systems can help managers motivate employees and improve their performances.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Recognize the types of incentives and reward systems that are used in employee motivation programs
- Compare types of recognition and reward programs
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of team-based reward systems
- Improve employee performance and empower employees
- Recognize and avoid work team burnout
- Work with overachievers in team settings
- Build morale and momentum in work teams
1. Employee Motivation Programs: Incentives and Reward Systems
Every individual is motivated by different things. Money, awards or even just public praise are all parts of motivation. In this lesson, we will dig a little deeper and look at the forms of incentive and rewards programs.
2. Types of Reward & Recognition Programs
There are many different ways companies can reward and recognize employees. This lesson will take a look at the importance of employee recognition and some of the different types of reward and recognition programs.
3. Pros & Cons of Team-Based Reward Systems
Businesses can use a variety of ways to motivate and inspire their employees. One of the most effective tools is offering an incentive for performance. In a team-focused environment, offering a team-based reward has pros and cons.
4. How to Empower Employees & Improve Employee Performance
Empowered employees have the potential to reach high levels of productivity because they feel in control of their jobs. This lesson will describe how a manager can empower an employee to motivate employee performance.
5. Recognizing & Avoiding Burnout on Work Teams
Something's going on with your employees, but what? It could very well be the common culprit known as burnout. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to recognize and avoid employee burnout.
6. Working with Overachievers in Team Settings
Overachievers succeed in many ways but require special attention from managers. In this lesson, you'll learn more about working with overachievers in team settings, including recognizing them and managing them.
7. Building Momentum & Morale in Work Teams
The workplace can be a positive, encouraging environment or a dreaded place to work. As a manager, you can help create a rewarding and vibrant place for your employees to work. In this lesson, we'll explore ways to boost team pride, momentum, and morale.
8. Practical Application: Employee Empowerment Scenarios
Empowered employees are happy and productive employees. Here, you'll find three hypothetical scenarios where you need to write down your plan for empowering a struggling employee.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Team Building Skills for Supervisors course
- Team Types, Characteristics & Roles
- New Teams & Team Members
- Team Goals, Objectives, Charters & Plans
- Leadership Styles & Skills
- Coaching Models & Strategies at Work
- Leading Team Meetings
- Team Communication & Delegation
- Team Conflict & Problem Solving
- Team Absenteeism & Discipline
- Team Assessment & Improvement