About This Chapter
Teamwork & Teams in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
This helpful chapter is comprised of bite-sized video lessons covering teams and teamwork in the workplace. Some of the topics you'll study include teamwork skills, working in a team environment, team effectiveness and much more. The self-paced lessons make it easy to understand these concepts. Each lesson is followed by a short quiz for self-assessment. If you need to review just one topic over again, use the video tabs feature to go back to that section of the video. Feel free to submit any questions you have through the Dashboard, and one of our instructors can assist you. Once this chapter is completed, you should be ready to do the following:
- Describe models for team effectiveness in organizations
- Identify the qualities and characteristics that make an effective team
- Understand what it takes to build a collaborative team environment
- Launch a successful workplace team
- Outline how team conflict can impede the work process
- Define the work team as it applies to contemporary business
- Detail communication in team-based organizations
- Assess team outcomes and performance
1. Teamwork Skills in the Workplace: Definition & Examples
In today's modern corporate world, developing teamwork skills in the workplace has become a necessity. In order to survive such a competitive environment, companies need to promote a workplace that emphasizes teamwork.
2. Working in a Team Environment: Definition & Skills
A team environment is essential to a workplace. A team is defined by its composition, culture, and goals. It is made up of people with complementary skills who have common goals. After the lesson, test yourself with a quiz.
3. What is Team Effectiveness in Organizations? - Definition, Models & Assessment
In this lesson, we will learn about teams. We will explore common team models and learn how to assess if teams are effective. Test your knowledge after the lesson with a quiz.
4. Characteristics of Effective Teams: Examples and Qualities
Effective teams can contribute heavily to the success of an organization. This lesson explores the key characteristics that make teams effective in the business world. You'll see an example of each characteristic and learn about underlying, supportive aspects of effectiveness.
5. Building a Collaborative Team Environment
Collaborative teamwork is essential to business and individual success in today's workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn about different ways to build a team environment that promotes and supports collaboration.
6. Launching a Successful Team in the Workplace
In this lesson, we'll learn about launching successful teams in the workplace. Teamwork is very important in the business world and can drive the success of a company.
7. Team Conflict and the Work Process
Conflict is inevitable in groups, which is why managers must understand it. In this lesson you will learn about the reasons why teams may encounter conflict while working together.
8. The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Contemporary business has thrived with the use of work teams in creating products, solving problems and developing alternatives. There are many ways that work teams add to the productivity and success of a company.
9. Communicating in Team-Based Organizations
The key to successful teams is the ability to communicate effectively. All business teams must learn to communicate, listen, ask questions and offer feedback.
10. Assessing Team Performance & Outcomes
Measuring and communicating team performance is essential to the success of a team. This lesson will explain why and how to measure team performance. Read on to learn more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology course
- Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Job Analysis & Evaluation Methods
- Employee Selection: Recruiting & Interviewing
- Performance Management: Evaluating Employee Performance
- Employee Training & Development
- Employee Motivation, Satisfaction & Commitment
- The Psychology of Employee Engagement
- Leadership & Conflict in the Workplace
- The Psychology of Groups
- Organizational Development & Change
- Workplace Psychological Health
- Research Methods in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Required Assignments for Psychology 301
- Studying for Psychology 301