About This Chapter
TECEP Principles of Statistics: Chi-Square Test - Chapter Summary
These lessons and self-assessment quizzes help you strengthen your knowledge of chi-square tests and solve related questions on the TECEP Principles of Statistics exam. The chapter helps you review and practice the following skills:
- Defining the chi-square test
- Understanding chi-square distribution
- Calculating a chi-square
Chi-square test definitions and formulas are broken down and illustrated in each lesson. You can check your understanding of the chapter material by taking the lesson quizzes and chapter exam. Instructors will show you the steps needed to solve chi-square test problems similar to the ones you'll find on the TECEP exam.
1. What is a Chi-Square Test? - Definition & Example
This lesson explores what a chi-square test is and when it is appropriate to use it. Using a simple example, we will work on understanding the formula and how to calculate the p-value.
2. Chi Square Distribution: Definition & Examples
Chi square distributions are a way of mapping the probabilities of values. In this lesson, we'll look at distributions represented in graphs and tables. We'll also look at an example that uses chi square distribution to test the independence of variables.
3. How to Calculate a Chi Square: Formula & Example
In this lesson, you will learn the formula and method for calculating chi square. You can then take a brief quiz to see what you learned. You will learn how to interpret the value of chi square in a separate lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Principles of Statistics: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Measurement
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Summarizing Data
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Central Tendency & Variability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Probability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Probability Distributions
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Correlation
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Regression
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Population, Samples & Probability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Hypothesis Testing & Estimation
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: t-Tests
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: ANOVA
- TECEP Principles of Statistics Flashcards