About This Chapter
TECEP Principles of Statistics: Regression - Chapter Summary
This study guide chapter helps you prepare for the regression portion of the TECEP Principles of Statistics exam by going over the regression terms, formulas and concepts you'll need to know. These video lessons will help you learn and solidify the following skills:
- Making sense of independent and dependent variables
- Defining simple linear regression
- Solving problems using linear regression
These lessons break down regression topics in a simple and engaging way. Self-assessment quizzes are included to help you practice the regression concepts you've learned and sharpen your problem-solving skills. You can study these lessons at any time and ask our expert instructors questions if you get stuck.
1. Identifying & Interpreting Independent & Dependent Variables
Scientists answer questions by performing experiments that have an independent variable, a dependent variable and at least one control variable. By controlling, adjusting and measuring these variables, scientists find answers to their questions.
2. Simple Linear Regression: Definition, Formula & Examples
Simple linear regression is a great way to make observations and interpret data. In this lesson, you will learn to find the regression line of a set of data using a ruler and a graphing calculator.
3. Problem Solving Using Linear Regression: Steps & Examples
Linear regression can be a powerful tool for predicting and interpreting information. Learn to use two common formulas for linear regression in this lesson.
4. What is the Standard Error of the Estimate? - Formula & Examples
When you take measurements of some quantity in a population, it is good to know how well your measurements will approximate the entire population. In this lesson, learn how to calculate the standard error of your estimate and interpret your results.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Principles of Statistics: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Measurement
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Summarizing Data
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Central Tendency & Variability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Probability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Probability Distributions
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Correlation
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Population, Samples & Probability
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Hypothesis Testing & Estimation
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: t-Tests
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: ANOVA
- TECEP Principles of Statistics: Chi-Square Test
- TECEP Principles of Statistics Flashcards