About This Chapter
Using Technology as an Instructional Tool - Chapter Summary
As you view the brief video lessons of this chapter, you will be taught why incorporating technology into your teaching style will benefit your students. After you are led through each lesson by expert instructors, you will be able to quiz yourself to ascertain how well you understand how to use technology in your classroom. In these lessons, you will learn about the following:
- How the use of technology can enhance your teaching effectiveness
- Definition of blended learning and strategies for its application
- New technological tools for education
How It Helps
- Highlights benefits of technology use: This chapter will explain some of the reasons why your classes will benefit from your implementation of technology use.
- Presents strategies: You will be taught strategies to use for incorporating blended learning into your teaching style.
- Identifies new technology: As new technology is developed often, this chapter will help you keep up with the best tools to utilize in your classroom.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Implement the use of technology in your classroom
- Define blended learning and understand how to utilize this technique
- Identify new technology available for classroom use
1. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
2. Blended Learning Strategies
Many schools are incorporating blended learning into their curriculum. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of blended learning and strategies for fostering a blended learning environment.
3. Classroom Technology Tools
In the past, a film projector was the height of technology in schools. Today, teachers have technology at their fingertips on a daily basis. What are these tools and how are they being used? This video lesson will bring you up to speed on classroom technology tools.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Using Differentiated Instruction in the Classroom course
- Understanding Differentiated Instruction
- Principles of Differentiated Instruction
- Planning & Designing Differentiated Instruction
- Student Characteristics in Differentiated Instruction
- Strategies for Adapting to Learner Needs
- Managing Differentiated Classrooms
- Strategies for Differentiating Instruction
- Using Assessment to Inform Instruction