About This Chapter
Technology & Assessments in Psychology - Chapter Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the field of psychology, be sure to spend a portion of your study sessions reading up on the specific subject of technology and its relationship to psychology and psychological assessments. You can do this by watching the videos and reading through the text lessons included in this chapter.
When using these lessons, you will benefit from the expertise and teaching experience of our lesson instructors, who will cover all relevant points in a concise but comprehensive format. You will learn about the definitions, concepts and functions relevant to the technological aspects of psychology. Specifically, you will learn about:
- The definition and design of survey study
- Technology as it relates to psychological practice
- The definition and analysis of cost efficiency
- Truth, confidentiality and informed consent in medicine
If you would like to jump to the main points of each topic, you can use the convenient video tags that we have included in the lessons. You can also access complete transcripts of the videos, should you desire a hard copy of each lesson. When you feel comfortable in your knowledge of these subjects, you can answer the questions in the chapter's practice quizzes and final exam to ensure that you have accurately understood some of the main points that you went over.
1. Survey Study: Definition & Design
Although most of us know what a survey is, many do not know all the tools necessary to create a survey that will yield quality data. In this lesson, you will learn about such tools.
2. Technology & Psychological Practice
Psychology practice has been transformed by technology, as has every other aspect of modern life. Psychology practitioners use email, telephones, videoconferencing, texting, and other technology with individual and group clients. Technology is also transforming how practitioners keep records.
3. Cost Efficiency: Definition & Analysis
In this lesson, we'll learn about cost efficiency. We'll also define the term and look at the two components that often make up cost efficiency: cost benefit and cost effectiveness. The lesson will conclude with a summary and a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP): Study Guide & Practice course
- Neuroanatomy & Bases of Behavior
- Neurophysiology & Behavior
- Psychopharmacology Classification & Guidelines
- Behavioral Genetics Overview
- Methodologies for Biological Bases of Behavior
- Elements of Cognition
- Principles of Learning
- Models of Motivation & Emotion
- Cognition & Health
- Psychosocial Factors in Health
- Social Perception & Cognition
- Social Interaction in Psychology
- Group Dynamics in Psychology
- Environmental & Evolutionary Psychological Perspectives
- Social-Contextual Issues & Human Behavior
- Race & Ethnicity in Psychology
- Psychology of Gender & Sexuality
- Disability & Rehabilitation
- Immigration & Cultural Issues
- Human Lifespan Development
- Human Development Risk Factors
- Assessment, Diagnosis & Psychometrics
- Psychological Assessment Models & Instruments
- Psychological Assessments
- Diagnostic Classification Systems
- Using Data in Psychology
- Psychology Treatment, Prevention & Supervision
- Consultation Models in Psychology
- Psychology Career Counseling
- Healthcare Systems & Wellness
- Research Methods & Statistics
- Research & Evaluation in Psychology
- Psychology Ethical Codes & Standards
- Ethical, Legal & Professional Issues in Psychology
- EPPP Study Guide & Practice Flashcards