About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Technology, Business, & Society chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Business technology||Definition of technology, its evolution and historical innovations|
|Tuesday||The Internet's impact on business operations and interactions||How the Internet changed the ways businesses operate and interact|
|Wednesday||Knowledge economy||How creativity, innovation and change impact organizations in a knowledge economy|
|Thursday||E-business and technology||E-business enhanced and e-business enabled organizations; how technology helps achieve business success|
|Friday||Ethical issues in managing technology||Privacy, information security, employee monitoring, file sharing, and more|
1. What is Business Technology? - Characteristics & Development
Technology is the essence of change in business and society. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, its characteristics, its historical phases and how innovation is fueled today.
2. The Internet's Impact on Business Operations & Interactions
In this lesson, you will learn how the Internet and other technological innovations have changed the way organizations operate and interact with their stakeholders.
3. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
4. Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
In business, one has to be creative and innovative in order to stay ahead of the competition. Having said that, one also needs to be able to manage change, as the business world changes on a constant basis. This lesson will address each of these topics and explain how they interrelate to business.
5. E-Business Enhanced and E-Business Enabled Organizations
Businesses use the Internet in different ways. Some use it as a part of their business, while some use it to run the entire business. In this lesson, we will discuss the differences between e-business enhanced and e-business enabled businesses.
6. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Ethics Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Business Ethics Overview: Lesson Plans
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance: Lesson Plans
- Management in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Business, Government & Society: Lesson Plans
- Public Relations for Business: Lesson Plans
- Diversity in the Workforce: Lesson Plans
- The United States Government: Lesson Plans
- Business-Government Relations: Lesson Plans
- Government Regulation on Business: Lesson Plans
- Political Parties & Lawmaking: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Political Environment: Lesson Plans
- Composition & Roles of the Executive Branch: Lesson Plans
- The Federal Judicial Branch: Lesson Plans
- Antitrust Laws in Business: Lesson Plans
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Community: Lesson Plans
- The Media's Impact on Business: Lesson Plans
- Consumer Rights & Regulations: Lesson Plans
- Ethics in Advertising: Lesson Plans
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups: Lesson Plans
- Environmental Issues in Business: Lesson Plans
- The Global Business Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Trade & Business Law: Lesson Plans