About This Chapter
Technology & Early Childhood Education - Chapter Summary
Our instructors created these lessons for use by teachers for incorporating technology into early childhood education. You will learn the latest about how to use technology in early childhood classrooms, preschools, and kindergartens.
This chapter will show you how technology applies to early childhood education by our subject-matter experts by using short, focused lessons. Each has a quiz to take at the end of the lesson to check your comprehension of the material you just studied. You can contact the instructor with specific questions and a final exam will confirm your knowledge of key course material.
How It Helps
- Shows you the latest in technology for education of young children: You will become acquainted with the newest technology out there.
- Teaches proper usage of the latest technology: See how others are using the new technologies.
- Familiarizes your students with up-to-date technology at an early age: The speed of change is so rapid in technology today that your students' best chance for success is to start to grasp today's principles at a young age.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Recognize the most modern tools used in class rooms for young children
- Teach children how to use technology at a young age so they are more prepared for the future
- Develop the student's natural curiosity using modern technology
1. Technology in the Early Childhood Classroom
Technology is an incredibly important part of any classroom. This lesson will introduce you to several pieces of technology that you will likely see in many early childhood classrooms.
2. Technology in the Preschool Classroom
Young children are born learners. They love to explore and soak in new experiences. Preschool teachers can use technology to enhance children's natural curiosity. Not sure how to make this happen? Take a look at what technology in the preschool classroom looks like.
3. Technology in the Kindergarten Classroom
The use of technology in a kindergarten classroom is not only a fun addition to students' learning process but also a valuable and vital part of education. Read on to learn more abut the benefits of technology in the kindergarten classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Strategies for Teaching with Technology course
- Technology & the 21st Century Classroom
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Software Resources for Students in the Classroom
- Educational Technology for All Learners
- Using Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Educational Technology for Specific Subjects
- Computer Science Overview for Young Learners
- Trends in Educational Technology