About This Chapter
Technology in ELL Instruction - Chapter Summary
This chapter examines the use of technology in ELL classrooms and discusses strategies for educators looking to include this technology in their instruction. Study entertaining lessons to ensure you have a quality grasp of ways digital content can help English language learners excel. After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss the best ways to implement technology in the ESL classroom
- List and detail the benefits of using technology in ESL classrooms
- Share strategies for using evidence-based digital content to teach English language learners
In addition to engaging lessons, this chapter offers access to short quizzes you can take to confirm your understanding of concepts the lessons cover. A practice exam is also available to gauge your overall comprehension of technology in ELL instruction. The Dashboard traces your steps through this chapter and offers the option to send lesson topic questions to our subject-matter experts. These resources are accessible 24/7 via any computer or mobile device, making it easy to study whenever and wherever your schedule permits.
1. Technology for ESL Students in the Classroom
Technology enables English language learners to use, practice, and perfect their English in engaging and effective ways. In this lesson, we'll discuss some easy ways to implement technology in the ESL classroom.
2. Benefits of Using Technology in the ESL Classroom
Technology is ubiquitous in the modern classroom. This lesson addresses how teachers can take advantage of the benefits of technology in an English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom.
3. Using Digital Content to Teach English Language Learners
This lesson gives you a basic guide on how to use digital content to teach English language learners. The lesson focuses on approaches for teaching as well as some important considerations for ELL teachers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE ESOL K-12 (047): Practice & Study Guide course
- Cultural Elements & Adaptation
- How Cultural Differences Impact Students
- Promoting Multicultural Sensitivity & Diversity in the Classroom
- Elements of Language
- Teaching Components of Language for ELL
- Second Language Acquisition & Development
- Language Functions, Skills & Proficiency
- Second Language Literacy Development
- Literacy & Language Research
- Models of ELL Instruction
- ESOL Instructional Approaches
- Teaching Speaking & Listening Skills
- Writing Skills Instruction
- Instructional Strategies for ELL Classrooms
- Selecting & Adapting Instructional Materials for ELL Students
- ELL Rights & Court Cases in Florida
- ELL Assessment Issues
- ELL Learners with Exceptionalities
- Language Proficiency Assessments in Florida
- Classroom-Based Assessments of ELL Students
- Collaboration & Advocacy for ELL
- Professional Development Organizations & Resources for ESOL Teachers
- FTCE ESOL K-12 Flashcards