About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering technology in the classroom material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about classroom technology. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding working with technology in the classroom
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning teaching methods (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about technology in the classroom
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra teaching learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the technology in the classroom chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the technology in the classroom chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any classroom technology question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a classroom technology unit of a standard instructional strategies course. Topics covered include:
- Advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom
- Types of classroom technology
- Social media uses in the classroom
- Types and uses of assistive technology in the classroom
- Ethics of classroom technology use
1. Technology in the Classroom: Advantages & Disadvantages
Teachers in today's schools need to be aware of the uses of educational technology. This lesson explains both the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
2. Different Types of Classroom Technology
Technology can broaden the horizons of your students right inside of your classroom. This lesson explores the various types of technology that can be used to liven up everything you teach.
3. Using Social Media in the Classroom
Social media has become second nature to today's learners, so why not use it in the classroom? This lesson provides an overview of social media and explains how it can be used to enhance student learning.
4. Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Types & Uses
Students with disabilities benefit from using assistive technology. In this lesson, you will learn why assistive technology is used and the different types of assistive technology that are available.
5. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
6. Children and the Internet: Advantages and Disadvantages
Kids these days. All they seem to do is play on their cell phones, but isn't technology supposed to be a helpful tool? In this lesson, we'll analyze the advantages and disadvantages of children using the Internet in the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Instructional Strategies for Teachers: Help & Review course
- Effective Teaching Strategies: Help & Review
- Instructional Strategies: Help & Review
- Strategies for Differentiating Content: Help & Review
- Assessment Strategies for Teachers: Help & Review
- Types of Assessments: Help & Review
- Strategies for Diverse Learning Environments: Help & Review
- Student Learning and Motivation: Help & Review