About This Chapter
Technology in the Classroom - Chapter Summary
As you review this chapter, you will learn more specific details and strategies regarding how to utilize technology in your classroom in new and innovative ways. This chapter will cover the following:
- Why technology is useful in a classroom setting
- Strategies for blended learning
- Different forms of classroom technology
- New research regarding the use of technology in classrooms
How It Helps
- Highlights benefits: Different pros of utilizing technology for educational purposes will be presented and detailed thoroughly.
- Teaches strategies: Techniques for implementing the use of technology in classrooms are provided in this chapter.
- Presents new tools: You will learn about new technological tools that are available and discover how you can implement them in your classroom.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of using technology for education purposes
- Understand how to incorporate technology into a classroom environment
- Define blended learning and explain its use in the classroom
- Identify new technology tools that may help your students
- Analyze research regarding the positive effects of technology on learning
1. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
2. Blended Learning Strategies
Many schools are incorporating blended learning into their curriculum. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of blended learning and strategies for fostering a blended learning environment.
3. Classroom Technology Tools
In the past, a film projector was the height of technology in schools. Today, teachers have technology at their fingertips on a daily basis. What are these tools and how are they being used? This video lesson will bring you up to speed on classroom technology tools.
4. Research on Technology in the Classroom
These days, it's nearly impossible to find a classroom that doesn't have at least one computer in it. Fortunately, research suggests adding technology to a classroom can have a positive effect on teaching and learning.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.