About This Chapter
Technology Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Written for educators just like you, this chapter will give you the resources you need to teach technology efficiently and effectively. We'll simplify your lesson planning process by providing short lessons that you can use in your instruction, and examples of lesson plans you can use.
In this chapter you'll be given the tools to teach about:
- PowerPoint basics
- Internet safety
- Social media and online communities
How It Helps
- Learning objectives: The provided lesson plans present basic learning objectives to help guide your lessons.
- Class discussion: These lessons give prompts to help encourage classroom discussions about different aspects of Internet safety.
- Helpful activities: Students will be presented with different activities to help them become more familiar with PowerPoint, social media, and more.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning technology lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific technology topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your technology class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related technology lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important technology concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant technology-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. History of Computers Lesson Plan
What was the first computer and when was it created? This lesson plan uses a video lesson to outline the history of computers. A group timeline activity reinforces comprehension.
2. History of Computers: Timeline & Evolution
Modern computing has a rich history. Learn about the earliest computing devices developed by humans, the first electronic computers and the development of modern computer components, such as microprocessors and the graphical user interface, in this video lesson.
3. Computer Parts & Hardware Lesson Plan
This lesson introduces students to the parts of a computer. Students will create their own 3D model of a computer and identify its parts and their functions. Additionally, they will produce group skits about how the parts of the computer work together.
4. Computer System Components: Computer Parts & Functions
Are you ready to buy a computer? Let's take a trip through the components of a computer for some advice. We'll learn about the motherboard, memory, storage, connectivity and peripherals.
5. Computer Parts Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Looking for a way to teach your elementary school students about the parts of a computer? With this lesson plan, students will completea hands-on learning activity and a worksheet after reading a text lesson and completing a quiz.
6. Computer Parts Lesson for Kids
Computers are a part of our everyday lives, and we couldn't live without them. In this lesson, learn about different parts of a computer and how each part functions.
7. Computer Hardware Lesson Plan
Students will explore internal and external computer hardware in this lesson and have fun playing an identification game. They will watch a video, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity, and take a quiz.
8. Information Literacy: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever had to do a report or look up information on a specific topic? In this lesson, you will learn how to find information that you need for reports or to solve problems. You will also learn how to use the information that you find.
9. Computers Lesson Plan for Elementary School
This lesson focuses on the key internal hardware of computers, including the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Students will engage in a hands-on learning activity and complete a worksheet to reinforce the concepts taught.
10. Technology Essential Questions
Technology is a vital part of modern life. When it comes to learning about technology, it can be useful to focus on a series of essential questions. Check out these possible candidates for technology essential questions.
11. Technology Projects for Elementary Students
As teachers, we are often encouraged to incorporate more technology into our curricula. Yet, it can be confusing to know where to start. This lesson gives you some great ideas for technology projects to do with elementary students.
12. Technology Projects for Middle School
Technology is an unavoidable part of life these days. That's why it's important for middle school students to learn all about it. To help them with that, try involving them in one of these technology projects.
13. Technology Projects for High School Students
Technology is a central part of life these days. Help students better understand the importance of technology and how to use it appropriately with these high school project ideas.
14. Computer Virus Lesson Plan
As the world relies more heavily on technology each day, it is important to explore the various dangers present in the digital world. This lesson plan will explore several types of computer viruses and the impact they can have on the digital and real world. Included are several interactive activities to engage all styles of learners.
15. HTML Lesson Plan
This lesson plan defines and provides a brief history of HTML and introduces basic syntax for writing HTML. Several interactive activities allow students to explore basic coding and apply the concepts presented in the lesson.
16. Machine Code & High-Level Language Lesson Plan
Introduce your students to machine code and high-level language with this lesson plan. Students will watch a video lesson on the topic, discuss content, apply to real-world, and take a quiz.
17. Searching the Internet Lesson Plan
We have learned to rely very heavily on finding information on the internet. Your students will enjoy learning effective ways to search the internet as they read a lesson and practice searches.
18. Digital Media Lesson Plan
Teachers, this lesson plan explores digital media and the three main types. Students will read about digital media, participate in discussion questions, create a digital media product and take a quiz.
19. Strategies for Digital Media Analysis
In this lesson we review various strategies for digital media analysis. These include content analysis and frame analysis of camera angles, voiceovers, and music in various forms of digital media.
20. Computer Animation Lesson Plan
Computer animation dominates many aspects of our lives and has a rich history. This lesson will not only define computer animation, but also examine the history of animation, and the many different types of animation.
21. 3D Animation Lesson Plan
What is three-dimensional animation and how is it made? Answer these and other questions about the art with this lesson plan that includes an informational text, activities, and a quiz.
22. Information Systems Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students will be exposed to and learn more about information systems. After discussing an informational text, students will apply their knowledge to researching a real corporation's information systems.
23. Data Management Lesson Plan
Most students in today's time know about smart device data storage, but do they know how organizations manage large amounts of data? This lesson plan explores data management from a business perspective and includes reading material, questions, an activity and quiz.
24. Nanotechnology Lesson Plan
What is nanotechnology and how does it impact our daily lives? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to outline the parameters of nanotechnology. An activity allows students to show mastery with a creative spin.
25. Nanotechnology Lesson Plan for Elementary School
This lesson plan explores the futuristic outlook of nanotechnology. Students will have fun as they learn about the technology. They will read a lesson, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity and take a quiz.
26. Technology Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will learn about how technology have increased efficiency in many areas of life and business. Students will watch a video, answer discussion prompts, take a quiz and complete an activity.
27. Computer Technology Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will learn about information systems and their importance in organizational management. Students will watch a video, answer discussion prompts, take a quiz and complete an activity.
28. Email Etiquette Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students gain a solid foundation in email etiquette through video instruction, class discussion and an active game reinforcing the concepts learned in the video. They may also continue learning with an extension activity.
29. Top 30 High School STEM Programs
Study.com ranked the following STEM high schools using a system that places different weights on important aspects like student/teacher ratios, AP test participation and scores in STEM subjects, and a special STEM innovation score. The innovation score evaluates the uniqueness, thoroughness, and cutting-edge nature of each school's curricular and extra-curricular STEM offerings.
30. Top 50 Blended Learning High Schools
Study.com ranked high schools in the United States with blended learning programs using a proprietary formula that places different weights on important aspects like student/teacher ratios, accessibility, and blended learning implementation, among other factors.
31. Creating a Website Lesson Plan
Your students will begin to learn the basics of website navigation design as they read and discuss a text lesson, interact as a class to identify patterns and tools, and work in groups to further identify patterns and tools.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Skills: Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Computer Skills Lesson Plans & Resources
- Transportation Projects & Stories for Kids
- Safety Lesson Plans
- Career Prep Lesson Plans
- Personal Money Management Lesson Plans
- Teaching Life Skills Lesson Plans & Resources
- Outdoor Safety Lesson Plans
- Injuries & First Aid Lesson Plans
- Kitchen & Food Safety Lesson Plans
- Dealing with Violence & Abuse Lesson Plans
- Social Media & Internet Safety Lesson Plans