About This Chapter
Technology & the 21st Century Classroom - Chapter Summary
Our instructors developed these lessons for teachers to enhance their ability to work with technology in the 21st century classroom. When you finish this chapter you will be familiar with things like:
- How technology affects the classroom
- Techniques for teaching the digital generation
- The design and management of the 21st century classroom
Our subject-matter experts use short lessons, each with a quiz to take at lesson's end to assess your understanding of the subject matter you just studied. You can track your progress on your dashboard and a final exam will test your knowledge of key course material.
How It Helps
- Demonstrates technology's benefits: You will see how teachers and students are learning with the use of technology.
- Deepens awareness: You will better understand the digital generation student.
- Explains importance: Get to know why every student should utilize technology in the class.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Teach the digital generation student
- Come up with a plan for your own 21st century classroom
- Manage the modern class
1. Effects of Technology in the Classroom
In this lesson, you will explore how technology provides effectiveness in the classroom setting. Be prepared to embrace how teachers and students are learning with the use of technology!
2. Understanding and Teaching the Digital Generation
If your teaching in the 21st century, your students most likely belong to the digital generation. In this lesson, we'll provide you with a general overview of how to appeal to and engage members of the digital generation in the classroom.
3. Designing & Managing the 21st Century Classroom
Modern research and the advent of educational technology has changed how teachers need to design and manage their classrooms. This lesson will help you come up with a plan for your own 21st century classroom.
4. The Importance of Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become an integral part of any classroom environment. This lesson will explain why technology is an important tool that every student and teacher should utilize.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Strategies for Teaching with Technology course
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Software Resources for Students in the Classroom
- Educational Technology for All Learners
- Using Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Technology & Early Childhood Education
- Educational Technology for Specific Subjects
- Computer Science Overview for Young Learners
- Trends in Educational Technology