About This Chapter
Technology & Tools for Marketing - Chapter Summary
Using the lessons in this chapter, delve into modern technologies that are currently being used as tools for marketing. You will study up on:
- Marketing tools and their applications
- Communicating on the Internet
- SEO, keywords and web portals
- Database software
- Project management technologies
The lessons in this chapter have been specially designed by educators in the field to help you easily understand and retain the information. Each lesson contains a video to visually explore the material. The video's transcript is included as a text-based resource. You can a take self-assessment quiz at the completion of each lesson to apply what you've learned. Track your progress through the chapter on your Dashboard.
1. Marketing Technology: Tools & Applications
In this lesson we review marketing technology, along with the various tools and applications that companies can utilize to achieve their sales goals. This includes business email, blogs, and web analytics.
2. Internet Communication: Social Media, Email, Blog, & Chat
This lesson talks about how social media adds business value by building networks that enhance competitive advantage, enable the exchange of information, foster strong relationships and serve as a foundation of building professional and personal relationships irrespective of different geographical spaces and time zones.
3. What is SEO? - Definition & Examples
Customers use search engines every day. Being visible to those customers is a key part of being successful online. This lesson defines search engine optimization (SEO) and how it can be applied.
4. Search Engines, Keywords & Web Portals
Search engines enable users to locate a vast amount of information on any topic quickly and conveniently through the Internet. Common search engines include Google, Yahoo, Bing, and AOL. The topics discussed in this lesson include search engines, Web portals, keywords, Boolean operators, spiders, search forms, database, and meta tags.
5. Database and Spreadsheet Software: Excel, Access, dBase & Lotus 1-2-3
Spreadsheet software and database software are both used to organize and manipulate data. Each application has its own unique strengths. Learn about the functionality of both types of software.
6. Technologies for Group Communication and Collaboration: Groupware, Teleconferencing & Virtual Worlds
Technologies for group communication and collaboration allow intricate business relationships to exist and deliver productivity no matter where the employee is located. Groupware, teleconferencing and virtual worlds are three ways that technology is changing the face of the workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards