About This Chapter
Technology Tools for Teachers - Chapter Summary
This chapter on technology tools for teachers consists of short text and video lessons that have an accompanying self-assessment quiz. Lessons discuss the definition and rules of online etiquette, along with other topics, such as:
- Classroom use of social media
- Facts and statistics of cyberbullying
- How to build online course forums that are effective
- How to do online research using search engines
Make steady progress on this chapter by logging in anytime 24/7. We include a feature that allows you to submit any questions you might have to one of our experts.
1. Using Social Media in the Classroom
Social media has become second nature to today's learners, so why not use it in the classroom? This lesson provides an overview of social media and explains how it can be used to enhance student learning.
2. What is Cyberbullying? - Facts & Statistics
Have you ever seen something mean or insulting about a person posted on a website? This lesson defines the damaging practice known as cyberbullying. We will examine facts and statistics and discuss what adults and children can do to combat it.
3. Building Effective Online Course Forums
In this lesson, we will briefly review the guidelines for building effective online discussion forums through constructivist thinking. At the end of this lesson, you will be able to identify the four guidelines for building effective online discussions: posing stimulating questions, brainstorming answers to questions, comparing ideas, and fusing the questions to the curriculum.
4. Online Etiquette: Definition & Rules
What is online etiquette? How do you write an email without breaking the rules? Learn how to make a good impression and avoid putting your foot in your mouth when using the Internet.
5. Using Search Engines for Online Research
The Internet can be a resource that saves you time, but if you don't know how to use it properly, it can be a frustrating experience. In this lesson, you will learn about how to properly find supporting materials online with research tips and tricks.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the National Board Certification Exam - English Language Arts/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Practice & Study Guide course
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence
- Language Development, History & Usage
- Knowing Your Students
- Teaching Special Populations
- Fairness, Equity & Diversity in the Classroom
- The Classroom Learning Environment
- Instructional Design & Implementation: English Curriculum
- Assessing Reading Resources & Material
- Effective Strategies for Reading Instruction
- Teacher Strategies for Reading Comprehension
- Teaching Literary Genres & Structures
- Literature Analysis & Interpretation
- Analysis of Nonfiction Texts
- Analysis of Media
- Teaching Vocabulary & Word Choice
- Reading & Writing Assessments
- Forms of Writing
- The Writing Process
- Revising Essays for Accuracy & Style
- Parts of Speech in English Grammar
- Essential Sentence Structure
- Writing Mechanics
- Research Writing
- Speaking & Listening in the Classroom
- Teaching Inquiry & Questioning Skills
- Understanding Standardized Test Preparation
- Reflection & Growth as a Teacher
- Family & Community Engagement in Education
- Professional Learning Communities
- Advocacy for Students, Families & Education
- National Board Certification Exam - English Language Arts/Adolescence & Young Adulthood Flashcards