About This Chapter
Tendonitis & Muscle Tears - Chapter Summary
Tendonitis and muscles tears are covered in this informative and easy-to-understand chapter. In these lessons, you can study treatments for extensor carpi ulnaris tendinitis, the symptoms of gluteus minimus pain and many more muscle-related injuries. Each subject is covered thoroughly, and you can move at your own pace through this chapter. As a great way to prepare for a test, we've included multiple-choice quizzes after each lesson to help you identify any areas that need further review. Once you've studied this chapter, you should be able to:
- Detail the symptoms of brachialis tendonitis
- Explain the test needed to diagnose pronator teres syndrome
- Differentiate between a gluteus medius tear and gluteus medius tendinopathy
- Outline adductor muscle strains, tears and pain
- Discuss biceps femoris rupture, tear and strain
- Describe pain and tear in the vastus lateralis muscle
- Identify the treatment used for gastrocnemius tendonitis
- Define the symptoms of a plantaris rupture or tear
- Explain what causes a soleus muscle tear or strain
1. Brachialis Tendonitis: Symptoms & Treatment
Brachialis tendonitis has several different names, including climber's elbow, brachial plexitis, brachial neuropathy, and acute brachial radiculitis. This lesson discusses the symptoms and treatment of brachial tendonitis.
2. Extensor Carpi Ulnaris Tendinitis: Symptoms & Treatment
Extensor carpi ulnaris tendinitis is a fairly common injury for people who play racket sports and golf. If you have ever played these types of sports, or might play in the future, you should definitely take a look at this lesson.
3. Pronator Teres Syndrome: Symptoms, Test & Treatment
Pronator teres syndrome is a condition affecting the arm. In this lesson, you will learn more about the symptoms, how to test for pronator teres syndrome, and treatment options.
4. Gluteus Medius Tear: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
The gluteus medius muscle is located in the upper hip area of the body. In this lesson, learn about the causes, symptoms and treatments of tears to the gluteus medius muscle.
5. Gluteus Medius Tendinopathy: Symptoms & Treatment
Gluteus medius tendinopathy is a condition in which the tendon of the gluteus medius muscle becomes irritated and damaged. In this lesson, learn about the symptoms and treatment for gluteus medius tendinopathy.
6. Gluteus Minimus Pain & Tear: Symptoms & Treatment
Four major muscles are located in the outer gluteal region of the buttocks: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, gluteus minimus, and tensor fascia lata. This lesson discusses gluteus minimus pain and tears, and the symptoms and treatment of those.
7. Adductor Muscle Pain, Strains & Tears
The adductor muscle is located in the groin and is responsible for moving the leg inward toward the body. This lesson will discuss pain, strains, and tears to the adductor muscle including causes, symptoms, and treatment.
8. Vastus Lateralis Muscle Pain & Tear
The vastus lateralis is one of the four muscles located in the quadriceps muscles. This lesson will discuss muscle pain and tears in the vastus lateralis, including symptoms and treatment.
9. Biceps Femoris Strain, Tear or Rupture: Symptoms & Treatment
This lesson will discuss the symptoms and treatment of common injuries to the biceps femoris muscle of the hamstring. The injuries you will learn about include strains, tears, and ruptures of the biceps femoris.
10. Gastrocnemius Strain, Tear or Tendonitis: Symptoms & Treatment
Gastrocnemius, or calf muscle, injuries include strains, tears, and tendonitis. This lesson will discuss the symptoms and treatment of each as they relate to the gastrocnemius muscle.
11. Plantaris Strain, Tear or Rupture: Symptoms & Treatment
In this lesson, we will discuss what a plantaris muscle is and where it is located in the body. We will also discuss the causes, symptoms, and treatment of a plantaris strain, tear, or rupture.
12. Soleus Muscle Pain, Strain or Tear: Causes & Treatment
The soleus is one of the muscles located in the calf. This lesson will discuss the type of pain and injury that can occur in the soleus, including the causes and treatment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Muscles of the Body for Health Professionals course
- Muscles of the Head
- Muscles of the Mouth
- Muscles of the Tongue
- Muscles of the Neck
- Muscles of the Shoulder
- Muscle Dysfunction in the Head, Neck & Shoulders
- Muscles of the Chest
- Muscles of the Abdomen
- Iliac Region Muscles
- Muscles of the Upper Arm
- Muscles of the Forearm
- Muscles of the Hand
- Muscles of the Back
- Muscles of the Pelvis
- Gluteal Muscles
- Muscles of the Thigh
- Muscles of the Leg
- Muscles of the Foot