About This Chapter
Test Taking Strategies for the GMAT - Chapter Summary
Get ready to take the Graduate Management Admission Test by utilizing the lessons in this study guide. The content in these lessons covers various strategies that may help you be successful on the different sections of the test. The lessons also offer the opportunity to practice answering questions that match the format of those on the GMAT. The strategies you learn may help you answer the following types of questions:
- Literary analysis and reading comprehension
- Multiple choice
- Math and data sufficiency problems
- Sentence corrections
Each lesson gives step-by-step instruction of each technique that can be used to answer the different types of questions on the GMAT. Every lesson is accompanied by a self-assessment exam, and you can also test your learning with the comprehensive chapter test. If you need help on your assessments, you may use the ask-an-expert feature.
1. Solving Math Problems on the GMAT
Gain tips for solving the various types of math problems you will encounter when taking the GMAT. Practice answering these types of problems in different math areas such as algebra and geometry.
2. Reading Comprehension Techniques for the GMAT
Success in life is often determined by your ability to take an exam. The techniques for reading comprehension in this lesson are simple and will increase your chances of success on the GMAT.
3. Identifying Grammatical Errors in Sentences
One important and often-tested skill is the ability to recognize grammatical errors in writing. In this lesson, learn about some of the most commonly tested mistakes.
4. How to Analyze a Literary Passage: A Step-by-Step Guide
In this lesson, we will examine the steps involved in the basic analysis of literature. Then, using a well-known fable, we will go through each step of analysis: comprehension, interpreting and drawing conclusions.
5. How to Answer Multiple Choice Questions About Literature: Test-Taking Strategies
In this lesson, we will examine test taking strategies involved in answering multiple-choice questions about literature. Breaking the process down into manageable parts, we will take a look at the literary text, the question itself, and then the given choices.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GMAT Test: Online Prep and Review course
- GMAT: About the Test
- GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment Overview & Best Practices
- Writing Skills for Exam Takers
- GMAT Quantitative Section: About the Quantitative Section
- GMAT Integrated Reasoning: Types of Questions & Overview
- Problem Solving for Exam Takers
- Fundamentals of Arithmetic for the GMAT
- Advanced Arithmetic Key Concepts
- Mathematical Patterns
- Reviewing Basic Algebra Concepts
- Reviewing Basic Geometry Concepts
- Strategies for Solving Math Word Problems
- Numerical Ability: Reasoning & Data Interpretation
- Interpreting Data & Statistics
- Answering Data Sufficiency GMAT Questions
- GMAT Verbal Section
- Critical Reasoning for Test-Taking
- Sentence Correction Techniques
- English Usage Conventions in Writing
- GMAT Test Flashcards