About This Chapter
Texas Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Make learning about Texas history and other facts fun by incorporating the activities outlined in our brief lesson plans. You can use art, writing and other engaging activities to help your students learn and retain details about important events and figures in Texas history as well as details about the state's flag. Each lesson plan gives you a list of materials you will need and step-by-step instructions on how to fit these activities into your daily lessons.
You will also find links to video and text lessons about Texas history and its flag that you can use to supplement your class materials. These lessons provide another way for you to apply strategies outside of your existing lesson plans and give you ideas for class discussions. Quizzes attached to each lesson can be used to measure how much your students have learned about these subjects.
How It Helps
- Activities or games: Describes hands-on group and individual activities, from poster-making to essay writing, that helps students expand on what they have learned about Texas
- Homework or classwork suggestions: Discusses ways in which you can have students complete research or writing projects in or outside the classroom that allows them to more deeply explore facts about Texas
- Additional resources: Uses video and text lessons that explore more facts about the history and flag of Texas that can maintain student engagement and facilitate classroom discussions
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Texas lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific Texas topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your geography class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Texas lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of Texas history and its flag.
- Engage your students with relevant Texas-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Texas History Lesson Plan
How much do your students know about the history of Texas? A timeline activity gives students a chance to record key events and a text lesson allows them to check their work. Related lessons and extra activities provide opportunities for ongoing study.
2. History of Texas: Individuals, Events & Issues
Texas has a unique history amongst the US states. In this lesson, we'll talk about the long history of Texas and see how this state came to be what it is today.
3. Texas Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Texas is a big state, but this lesson plan will guide your students through its most iconic aspects with ease. Students will engage in discussion, artistic expression and writing as they learn about Texas.
4. Texas Facts: Lesson for Kids
Grab your western hat and cowboy boots, we're going on an adventure to explore the Lone Star State. In today's lesson, we will learn about Texas and what makes it a unique state.
5. Texas Pledge of Allegiance Lesson Plan
If you're discussing the state of Texas, use this lesson plan to explore the Texas flag pledge. Students will read an informative text lesson and answer related questions. They will then participate in a hands-on activity allowing them to apply the concepts.
6. Texas Flag Pledge: History & Words
Texas is a unique state with a very unique history, one which is reflected in its pledge to its state flag, of all places. In this lesson, we'll talk about this flag pledge, and see what this means for Texans today.
7. Texas Flag Lesson Plan
Many people have heard the nickname Lone Star State, but not all know what this means. Your students will learn the history and meaning of the Texas flag as they read and discuss a text lesson, create new Texas flags and summarize what the Texas flag means to them.
8. The Texas Flag: History & Meaning
Learn about the history of the Texas state flag, which used to be the flag of the independent Republic of Texas. Each part of the Lone Star Flag represents something about Texas. The Flag Code of Texas describes how the flag must be treated.
9. Texas Rodeo Lesson Plan
Just like everything in Texas, the history of the Texas rodeo is big! This lesson plan contains a dramatic activity and a partner project to design a modern-day rodeo show that pays tribute to the history of Texas rodeo.
10. Texas Rodeo History
In this lesson, learn how rodeos originated, see their move from a fun show to formal organizations, and explore one of the most famous rodeos in Texas. By the end of this lesson, you will be an expert on this interesting American sport!
11. Texas Revolution Project Ideas
The Texas Revolution had a big impact on the history of North America, but many students know little about it. These projects can help you bring this important moment into your classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Teaching Geography of the Americas course