About This Chapter
Texas Real Estate - Chapter Summary
This chapter details numerous aspects of navigating the practice of real estate in Texas. You'll learn about key codes of conduct, contractual regulations, and related issues. By the time you're done studying this chapter, you'll have bolstered your understanding of the following:
- Duties and powers of the Texas Real Estate Commission
- Licensing and education associated with Texas real estate
- Ethical practices and agency duties of Texas real estate brokers
- Ownership, transfer, and encumbrance regulations
- Foreclosure and liens
- Veterans' land board
The practice quizzes accompanying each lesson give you the chance to test your understanding step-by-step, with a practice final exam at the end of the chapter allowing for a more complete test of your knowledge. You can access these assessments as many times as you feel necessary while you study.
1. Texas Real Estate Commission: Duties & Powers
This lesson looks at the Texas Real Estate Commission, including its duties and powers. You'll also learn how this agency handles the licensing and regulation of real estate brokers.
2. Texas Real Estate Commission: Hearings & Appeals
The purpose of this lesson is to explain how the Texas Real Estate Commission handles hearings and appeals. The court hearing process and alternative dispute resolution will be discussed.
3. Texas Real Estate Licensing: Requirements, Maintenance & Renewal
This lesson explores licensing requirements for real estate sales agents, inspectors, and appraisers in Texas. We'll cover continuing education requirements for license maintenance and renewal and related topics.
4. Texas Real Estate Contracts
The sale and purchase of real estate in America can differ from state to state, with different contracts, rules, and regulations. It is important to understand the details of real estate contracts, and how regulations like the statute of fraud in Texas and the seller disclosure requirements work.
5. Texas Real Estate Brokers: Ethics & Conduct
This lesson covers the standards of conduct for real estate brokers in Texas. You'll learn about the grounds for suspension and revocation, unauthorized practice of law, trust funds, splitting fees and advertising rules.
6. Texas Real Estate Brokers: Agency Duties
The purpose of this lesson is to discuss agency duties for real estate brokers in the state of Texas. We will briefly illustrate the various duties and how each coincides with state and federal regulations.
7. Texas Real Estate Regulations: Ownership, Transfer & Encumbrances
In the United States, the property and real estate laws can differ from state to state. It is important for home buyers to be aware of their rights and protections from real estate agents and landlords, even when dealing with homeowners associations. This lesson covers the real estate regulations in Texas.
8. Texas Real Estate Regulations: Foreclosure & Liens
Like many other states, in Texas real estate regulations regarding foreclosure and liens aim to protect everyone involved in the purchase, sale, or improvement to real property. Legal tools like short sales and Mechanic's and Materialman's Liens can remedy problems.
9. Texas Real Estate Veterans' Land Board
This lesson will cover the Texas Real Estate Veterans Land Board and what that entity has done for military veterans. Its history and the services offered will be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Texas Real Estate Broker License Exam: Study Guide course
- Introduction to Real Property
- Public & Private Land-Use Control
- Estate Ownership, Rights & Interest
- Deeds & Property Transfers
- Property Titles
- Property Value & Appraisal
- Introduction to Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Agencies & Agency Relationships
- Listing Agreements & Property Management
- Risk Management in Real Estate
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection
- Property Disclosures
- Introduction to Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Lender Requirements
- Federal Real Estate Financing Regulations
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Investments
- Texas Real Estate Broker License Exam Flashcards