About This Chapter
Computer Use in Business - Chapter Summary
Use the video lessons in this chapter to understand computer use in business. Get reacquainted with the technical competence required to work in contemporary organizations and study the role of technology in various business contexts with lessons on the following:
- Hardware and software management
- Functions of operating systems
- Operating systems types
- Safe and healthy computer use
- Computer lab management
After watching our illustrated video lessons, take the quick quizzes at the end to check for understanding and get experience answering the type of questions appearing on the exam. There are also transcripts if you'd like to take advantage of embedded links to supplementary text lessons.
1. Computer Operating Systems: Managing Hardware and Software Resources
This lesson will introduce you to computer operating systems and help you figure out the difference between application and operating system software. Also, we will learn the difference between a desktop and wallpaper.
2. OS Functions: Security, System Management, Communication and Hardware & Software Services
The operating system (or OS ) is the brain of a computer and manages its functions, including systems management/monitoring, communication/networking services management, security services management, and hardware/software services management.
3. Enterprise, Workgroup & Personal Operating Systems
While every computer needs an operating system, different devices and different users need different functionalities. Learn about the different types of operating systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Business for Teachers: Help & Review course
- Fundamental Concepts in Accounting
- Recording & Planning in Accounting
- Accounting Analysis & Evaluation
- Economic Activities & Markets
- Business Markets & Globalization
- Banking & the Federal Reserve
- Business Types & Planning
- Entrepreneurship & Start-Ups
- Basics of Marketing Strategy
- Business Management Functions
- Management Theory for the Business Environment
- Concepts in Human Resource Management
- Resource Management & Training
- Compensation & Performance Review
- Principles of Business Ethics
- Principles of Business Law
- Employment Law Basics
- International Business Strategies
- Verbal Communication in the Workplace
- Written & Electronic Communication
- Presentations and Reporting
- Information Technology in the Business Environment
- Internet Technologies in Business
- Business Information Privacy and Security