About This Chapter
TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 Flashcards - Summary
Flip through these interactive flashcard sets and use repetition and your memorization skills to study TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 exam concepts. Feel confident in your understanding of nonfiction and fiction genres, spelling rules in English, reading strategies, elements of literature and additional exam topics that include:
- Phonics and phonological awareness
- Literacy assessments and research and writing instruction for Texas educations
- How to interpret information texts and analyze and interpret poetry
- Dramatic literature and significant authors, poets and literary works
- Mechanics and conventions of writing
- Visual media literacy in the Texas classroom
How They Work
The process of studying for the TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 exam is easy and effective using flashcards. By following the process below, you can ensure you have a quality understanding of concepts covered on the exam:
- Open a flashcard set for the TExES ELA and Reading topic you're studying.
- Identify the ELA or reading term, author, work or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Oral Language Development & Instruction
Flashcards - Phonics & Phonological Awareness
Flashcards - Supporting Emergent Literacy
Flashcards - Reading Fluency & Comprehension
Flashcards - Reading Strategies & Practice
Flashcards - Literacy Assessments for Texas Educators
Flashcards - Elements of Literature
Flashcards - Literary Structure & Elements for Comprehension
Flashcards - Interpreting Informational Texts & Data
Flashcards - Understanding Nonfiction & Fiction Genres
Flashcards - Elements & Genres of Dramatic Literature
Flashcards - Analyzing & Interpreting Poetry
Flashcards - Significant Authors, Poets & Literary Works
Flashcards - Writing Mechanics & Conventions
Flashcards - Spelling Rules in English
Flashcards - Writing Instruction for Texas Educators
Flashcards - Visual Media Literacy in the Texas Classroom
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 (117): Practice & Study Guide course
- Oral Language Development & Instruction
- Teaching Listening & Speaking Skills
- Phonics & Phonological Awareness
- Supporting Emergent Literacy
- Reading Fluency & Comprehension
- Reading Strategies & Practice
- Promoting Literacy in the Classroom
- Literacy Assessments for Texas Educators
- Elements of Literature
- Literary Structure & Elements for Comprehension
- Interpreting Informational Texts & Data
- Understanding Nonfiction & Fiction Genres
- Elements & Genres of Dramatic Literature
- Analyzing & Interpreting Poetry
- Significant Authors, Poets & Literary Works
- Writing Mechanics & Conventions
- Spelling Rules in English
- Writing Instruction for Texas Educators
- Assessing Writing Skills
- Visual Media Literacy in the Texas Classroom
- Research Instruction for Texas Educators